Hotmix Road Construction - The Best Road Construction Method Yet?

I was flipping through the TV channels and found that one of the channels was talking about 'hotmix' road construction type. I've absolutely no clue about the construction field, so thought of asking the question to experts here. Can someone briefly describe 'hotmix' way of road construction and whether it's the best construction method available yet?

The reported in the TV channel said that the roads constructed using hotmix method have lasted for over 37 years; not getting even a single pothole on the busiest of the traffic routes.

Looking forward to responses.

Replies

• Guttu
    Guttu
    Bwahaha. That's a joke. Most of the roads are Hotmix. It depends on the quality of hotmix. Many roads in my state wash away after the rains. Poor quality of hotmix and poor designing of roads, Both responsible for that.
    In my opinion, Best roads are concrete roads. They last long and don't get damaged easily.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just read the news that over 18,000 engineering seats are vacant in Karnataka alone. The mushrooming of engineering colleges have largely been responsible for degrading the quality of engineering education...
Can anybody assist me with 1s code 1661-1972,urgent
INSAT-3D, India's weather satellite which carries advance weather monitoring payloads has been successfully launched just a few hours ago at about 1:24 hrs (IST) with the Ariane-5 (VA214) launch vehicle...
Found that one of the visitors came to CE searching for cheapest i3 laptop available in India. I quickly performed searched on Google and a few eCommerce sites and found...
Hi All, Can all the techies over here provide reviews about the Tablet that is worth of buying in the budget of 15-20k. Please specify the features. My area of...