Horizontal Wind Turbine

There are two types of wind turbines; horizontal and vertical. They’re also known as HAWT or VAWT, which stands for horizontal axis wind turbine or vertical axis wind turbine.

A horizontal wind turbine is built with a propeller-type rotor on a horizontal axis, rather than on a vertical axis. The rotor’s purpose is to convert the linear motion of wind into rotational energy that is then used to drive a generator. All grid-connected commercial wind turbines today are horizontal.

A horizontal wind turbine is an excellent way to power your home or business. You can sleep soundly at night knowing that you are contributing 0% pollution to the environment and leaving the planet in a better condition for future generations. Horizontal wind turbines create some residual noise, but never interfere with TV, radio or internet reception.

Research and technology advancements have led to an increase in efficiency with regards to horizontal wind turbines, and prices have dropped considerably over the years. However, a horizontal wind turbine will require some maintenance. Overall, horizontal wind turbines are cost effective and will not only save you money, but help you profit as well if you decide to sell back your unused electricity to your local power company.

The only condition to owning a#-Link-Snipped-# is that you live in an area with regular wind activity. If so, a horizontal wind turbine could help save you money and preserve the environment.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Great, thank you! Looking forward to your discussion of VAWT as well being they are more practical and economical in the urban environment for home or condo owners. There is a firm in Chicago with some great designs.
  • eng.
    eng.
    Thanks a lot my friend.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Friends check out this Ecofriendly & “World’s First Safe for Eyes Study Lamp” that [FONT="]LEDs instead of bulbs:[/FONT] [FONT="]https://www.studylite.in/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30&Itemid=38&cid=cm[/FONT]
Hello everybody!! I graduated in 2008 and I'm currently working as an IT Analyst.I am and I will always be a computer game freak.I want to get into Computer Game...
hiii...i am a final year mechanical engg student and want to do a final year project on all terrain robot for space or defence application...so, can anyone give me some...
In this fastest world, english is very important language. This language understood in all countries. Education is an important part of life and we can't imagine anything without it. Many...
CEans, We take pride in interviewing world renowned personalities associated with engineering & entrepreneurship through our Small Talks. Complete archive of Small Talks is available here -> Small Talk -...