Honda City With Diesel Engine

I like the looks of Honda City car. However I'm wondering why does Honda not release a Diesel version of this popular car. Are there any technical constraints? If yes, it'd be nice to discuss them in this thread. How many of you'd like to see Honda City Diesel version?

PS: Just struck my mind that Honda does not produce any Diesel cars 😨. Why?

Replies

• CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Doesn't the honda CRV come in diesel? Not sure but, to answer your question on why they dont manufacture diesel engines (if this is true): looking at honda vehicles, they seem to be lean and small which is the advantage of having a gas engine. With this in mind, maybe it is part of their strategy as a competitor in the industry. To be a pioneer in small-medium sized vehicles and optimizing the gas engines that they require.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No clue about CRV. I *think* they've the diesel model. But why not make a City Diesel? Is there any rule to be followed while designing the body of the car and the type of engine?
  • adren022
    adren022
    The_Big_K
    No clue about CRV. I *think* they've the diesel model. But why not make a City Diesel? Is there any rule to be followed while designing the body of the car and the type of engine?
    The type of engine and most of its specifications change if your comparing diesel engine with a petrol engine.
    1. The Volume of the cylinder (CC) has to change as the cylinders have larger bore diameter. Diesel expands more rapidly than petrol.
    2. Diesel Produces a lot more power than petrol so vibration is a issue for the cars structure also. (Tata Indica had this recurring problem)
    3. Compression Ratio of the engine changes.
    4. Pollution is higher in Diesel Engines because of a lot of unburnt gasses in the cylinder.

But if the question is why a Diesel engine is not being produced by HONDA ? It might be because the diesel cars of HONDA are in less demand in the overseas markets. And in their home Country especially.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    I dont think there is any rule like that K, i say that because the vehicle i own which is a Nissan B-14 is relatively small sized and they are available in both Petrol and Diesel type.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    The_Big_K
    I like the looks of Honda City car. However I'm wondering why does Honda not release a Diesel version of this popular car. Are there any technical constraints? If yes, it'd be nice to discuss them in this thread. How many of you'd like to see Honda City Diesel version?

PS: Just struck my mind that Honda does not produce any Diesel cars 😨. Why?
    You are right that Civic being so popular car from the Honda Motors and ruling the Indian roads form past many years this cars is liked by most of the people. Well I had heard that Honda is thinking for the diesel Honda City and its under construction and is expected to come in 2014.
    Beside all that Honda launch its new Honda City with more advance and impressive features. I am sharing it with you--

2012 Honda City leaves no room of question as Honda has worked aggressively on the facial aspects of the car. New premium chrome 3 slat front grille holds the signature Honda̢۪s emblem. Front bumper has been rendered more sportiness and same is the case with rear bumpers which are given reflectors at the bottom. 10 spoke alloy wheels makes the car look luxurious while drive. The 2012 Honda City also receives Turn indicators on ORVMs (Outside Rear View Mirror). Carnelian Red Pearl and Sparkling Brown Metallic are the two body colors added in the wish list of 2012 Honda City, thus making a total of 6 colors.

Not just the striking new looks but many value added features are given to new New Honda City 2023 Price, Images, Mileage & Specs. Once stepped in the new Honda City, one would never like to come out. It̢۪s such a plush experience to watch the premium beige seats done with high quality fabric and adore the equipments used in the City that leaves everyone rapt. New Blue combination lights enlighten the graphic meter to make it more endearing. Improved modern Centre Control Panel with stylish Chrome fittings gives the car an upmarket feel. Interiors are very spacious because of the multiple storage facilities available. To add to the convenience with music Honda City is equipped with advanced integrated audio panel.
  • rebellionofrebel
    rebellionofrebel
    Frankly , Honda India needs to bring in Diesel version !!!!!!! I love Civic but then the current price of petrol and my daily usage allows me to take only diesel car!!!!!!
  • insane.nick
    insane.nick
    Can anybody suggest me the best honda diesel car.
    Thanx in advance....................
  • Naveen Rathee
    Naveen Rathee
    Honda only has outdated diesel engines which cannot be plonked in the City. Hence, the company is in the process of developing a 1.4L and a 1.6L diesel engine. time for all the Honda will take two long years to develop this particular engine.

​
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    insane.nick
    Can anybody suggest me the best honda diesel car.
    Thanx in advance....................
    Hi insane.nick
    Well I feel sorry to say that Honda still lacks in diesel cars and we do not have diesel cars yet but the good news is that now Honda is also planing for the diesel cars and in coming years we can have Honda City, #-Link-Snipped-# and Honda Accord in diesel.
  • insane.nick
    insane.nick
    Thanx vikaskumar for your help....
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    You are welcome insane.nick

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

People usually believe that any successful businessman, who's accumulated lot of wealth through his/her business has done it through illegal means. I'm generalizing, of course. But that's exactly what people...
I *might* just buy Samsung Galaxy Note - one of the devices that's really got my attention. The Note has a bigger screen so that I can do email and...
Samsung Wave S8500 (Wave I) and Wave II owners have been eagerly waiting for the bada 2.0 update. Earlier, Samsung's official twitter account mentioned that the bada 2 update will...
Ever tried using your touchscreen device in winter with your gloves on? Well, it's pain. But thanks to Mujjo that the gloves will let you operate your touchscreen devices without...
What a shocking discovery! Adobe has a big development center in India and several hundred employees work in it. But India is nowhere in the list of the countries for...