Honda City Facelift Launching On 14th Feb - Specs At A Glimpse

Honda is all set to launch an upgrade to its already successful sedan, the City, on 14th February, 2017. Prices are expected to start around Rs 9 lakh and go all the way to Rs 13 lakh. In the given segment, the updated model i.e. City Facelift is going to face competition from Volkswagen Vento, Hyundai Verna and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz. Honda aims to regain its lost market share with the City Facelift’s launch.

honda-city-facelift

Car’s overlook has improved a lot with minimal changes including totally redesigned front bumper to accommodate bigger air vents and a flashy new front grill. Rear bumper is also tweaked a bit to complete the restyling. The front headlights and the fog-lamps are LEDs, and the headlamp units house daytime running LEDs as well. All four wheels now boast 16 inches newly designed alloy rims.

LED

Most of the changes are inside the cabin, with inclusion of a new 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system supporting turn-by-turn navigation, 1.5 GB on-board media memory, MirrorLink connectivity, voice recognition and a rear-view camera. The sunroof now comes with one-touch open/close operation, and the reading lights are now all-LED. Customers will also get automatic headlamps and wipers, six airbags (dual front, side and curtain), cruise control and automatic climate control with rear AC vents.

interior_city

The transmission line remains unchanged being powered by i-VTEC and i-DTEC engines. The 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol engine produces 119PS of power and 145Nm of torque and will be available with both 5-speed manual and CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission) gearbox. The 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine generates 100PS of power and 200Nm of torque coupled with a 6-speed manual transmission.

Five variants will be showcased – S, SV, V, VX and ZX. The S variant will only be available with the petrol engine and customers opting for the petrol-powered V and VX variants will have a choice between automatic (CVT) and manual gearbox. Each variant will be 30k-40k pricier than the older City versions

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Honda city has always been a target for sedan lovers and this facelift can definitely boosts its sales overcoming fellow competitors such as verna and ciaz.i expect the price range will be in higher ramge than the quoted value.lets wait and watch.
  • anup singh
    anup singh
    Lets hope it remains within the qoted price range. Today is the day!😀😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Intex Technologies are the proud owners of IPL team Gujarat Lions. That is why they released a Lions branded smartphone, the Aqua Lions 3G last year during the first IPL...
Dr. Luke Roberson, senior principal investigator for Flight Research within the Exploration Research and Technology Directorate at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida, is collaborating on research of a new...
NASA is planning to send a sounding rocket sometime between today and March 3, 2017, from Poker Flat Research Range, Alaska. You might say that sounding rockets or research rockets...
Quote: Former MythBuster Jamie Hyneman, perhaps unintentionally, laid out some truths of engineering that counter often presumed -- and incorrect -- statements on engineers and engineering. Endquote 5 Engineering Myths...
Love is in the air on this February 14, but Saint Valentine's Day is also the peak time for online scammers, targeting those seeking love. Online scams are becoming more...