Home security using NFC - project idea

So I was thinking if we can have home security system powered by NFC. The near field communication technology is being rapidly adopted in the mobile phones and being primarily used for the payments. But I'm thinking why can't we use the technology to unlock doors where your phone acts your key.

The user will have to just tap the phone on the NFC enabled door-knob and the system would identify the owner. There can be an app to let user define a secure password for opening the doors. I think that way, we'll have futuristic security; that's very simple to use.

What do you think? Is anyone willing to take up this project?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    So I was thinking if we can have home security system powered by NFC. The near field communication technology is being rapidly adopted in the mobile phones and being primarily used for the payments. But I'm thinking why can't we use the technology to unlock doors where your phone acts your key.

The user will have to just tap the phone on the NFC enabled door-knob and the system would identify the owner. There can be an app to let user define a secure password for opening the doors. I think that way, we'll have futuristic security; that's very simple to use.

What do you think? Is anyone willing to take up this project?
    I am studying NFC and planning to work on few projects. And this is going to be TURN-KEY project too.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    As NFC is going to implemented in mobile phones it is going to take market more as compare to other RF protocols.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The logo of the upcoming conference on 'Science and Non Duality' caught my attention - The conference has been scheduled between October 24th-28th, 2012 at San Rafael, California and May...
Wishing you a many many Happy returns of the day Sandy AKA CEan- English-Scared ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜ Party Time!!๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽ‰
Just wrote a post detailing top features of Mozilla firefox on Windows 8 metro UI. Check out the brand new interface Mozilla's engineers are developing. I like the minimal UI...
I wrote an article about GE developing high performance sensors to track the temperature and pressure inside the CO2 well. The US government is looking to use the geothermal wells...
i am a final year student of instrumentation branch.