Hi ! I am currently pursuing my B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering, will I be eligible to apply for any BSc course for universities in India.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Why change? From what I have seen of the syllabi of various CSE btech courses, they seem to have a lot in common with BSc syllabi for physical sciences.

Having said that I am sure that you can apply as a fresher for BSc if you are willing to accept the loss of time in btech and the associated financial outlay.

• siddharth singh
    siddharth singh

I appreciate your valuable response sir. I am currently in 2nd year and I realized that I have a bend towards Economics, that's the reason I was thinking of applying into ISBF for studying BSc in Economics.

Further, I am waiting for your positive response.  

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

That is a different angle. It is a virtual change of area. 

If you wait till you complete B.Tech. you lose two years. If EEconomics is really your passion and you want to make that your career path, then you should consider changing now. There would be financial implications as well as the time lost till you get into the other stream. 

Can you start in this academic year itself?

I checked out ISBF. Looks good. Are admissions still open?

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Ideally, you should make the switch right now; and I agree with what #-Link-Snipped-#‍ sir said. But the decision has to come from within and you should be absolutely sure that Economics is the path you want to take. 

The question is - are you eligible to get into ISBF this year? 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Everyone loves electric vehicles. Battery powered vehicles are ubiquitous - from two wheelers to mega trucks. I, however, fail to understand the point electric vehicles are trying to make. As...
Here's the video that Apple's marketing team decided to play at the beginning of the WWDC 2018. Check it out -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp6UCQvKKzIThe video treats developers as a mysterious species from all...
The course Expo CD is a refresher course on the finer aspects of Communication Design specifically meant for IT and Media Professionals.  http://www.dsource.idc.iitb.ac.in/events/idc-events/expo-cd-2018.html?utm_source=emailcampaign44&utm_medium=phpList&utm_content=HTML&utm_campaign=Expo+CD+%28National+Workshop%29+-+Communication+Design+for+IT+and+Media+Professionals+at+IDC+School+of+Design%2C+IIT+Bombay