Here's why it is hard for engineers to fit in the corporate world

If you're a true crazy engineer at heart, you must've found it very difficult to adjust in the corporate world. The long, boring meeting where the "sense" part is talked about for only a couple of minutes, or sometimes not even that. For so many years our beloved comic strip Dilbert by Scott Adams has been trying to portray the madness of the corporate world through the eyes of engineers.

Here's another great attempt at sharing just that.
This is a funny business meeting illustrating how hard it is for an engineer to fit into the corporate world!
Starring: Orion Lee, James Marlowe, Abdiel LeRoy, Ewa Wojcik, Tatjana Sendzimir

Check it out here -

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    The suckers in the video, are far more infantile than kindergarten kids.

Sometimes i feel these organised sectors overdo it in the name of being organised.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Draw seven red lines, two with green ink and some with transparent ink.
    This is unfortunately the story of our lives in corporate world.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Hats off to Henry Ford (one of the people I admire), who when told by marketing people about the Model T in colours said,' They can have any color so long as it is black'.
    Henry Ford - Wikiquote

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just curious to know what are the things that were not a part of your 4-year engineering curriculum (branch doesn't matter) but you'd have loved to have? Let's see what...
Now here we have an I.C engine of a vehicle which has to drive the following auxilliaries: 1. water pump 2. air conditioner compressor 3. alternator 4. cooling fan. Now...
Curious to know what infrastructure and technology stack does WhatsApp use. I'm aware that they've been acquired by Facebook but I doubt they've already ported all of their code to...
97yrs old Shyam Saran Negi is India's first independent voter. He has been believing in democracy since 1951. It is interesting to note that the upcoming Indian Elections will be...
India's communication satellite, INSAT-3E has opted out of service about 4.5 years before it's official retirement age. The INSAT-3E served India for a period of 10.5 years since September 2003,...