Here is an easy one.

Once a circus artiste was on his way to his hometown, and he had to cross a bridge. the bridge was nearly old, and weather-beaten and it posed the danger of collapsing if overloaded. the bridge could not take loads more than 60 kgs. now the artiste alone was 59 kg, and he had with him three balls, each weighing half a kg, the sum total of all the weights which exceeds the capacity of the bridge. now how did this guy make it across the bridge in one piece with all his belongings intact ?

Replies

• nareshkumar6539
    nareshkumar6539
    zaveri
    Once a circus artiste was on his way to his hometown, and he had to cross a bridge. the bridge was nearly old, and weather-beaten and it posed the danger of collapsing if overloaded. the bridge could not take loads more than 60 kgs. now the artiste alone was 59 kg, and he had with him three balls, each weighing half a kg, the sum total of all the weights which exceeds the capacity of the bridge. now how did this guy make it across the bridge in one piece with all his belongings intact ?
    Artist alone and 2 balls together is 60kg,the remaining one ball is in air.he walk through the bridge by playing with balls like every time 2 balls in his hands remaining one ball in the air.if he do like this total weight is 60 kg there is no overload and he crosses the bridge.
  • Sean720
    Sean720
    nareshkumar6539
    Artist alone and 2 balls together is 60kg,the remaining one ball is in air.he walk through the bridge by playing with balls like every time 2 balls in his hands remaining one ball in the air.if he do like this total weight is 60 kg there is no overload and he crosses the bridge.
    so he juggles them?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Sean720
    so he juggles them?

Yes of course.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    That is OK as a puzzle. However,it would not pass as an engineering solution. The ball that is in the air has to be thrown up to get into the air. This causes a downward thrust which adds to the weight, which will exceed the safe bearing load and the bridge will collapse.
  • Reya
    Reya
    bioramani
    That is OK as a puzzle. However,it would not pass as an engineering solution. The ball that is in the air has to be thrown up to get into the air. This causes a downward thrust which adds to the weight, which will exceed the safe bearing load and the bridge will collapse.
    Whoa! That's an Engineer 😀 I thought, throwing the ball to the other side of the bridge before he could cross the bridge 😔
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Reya
    Whoa! That's an Engineer 😀 I thought, throwing the ball to the other side of the bridge
    That is an ingeneur! Exactly what should be done.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    bioramani

the reaction force of course ! But overall the problem itself is an impractical one. because first a person has to either well talented or well trained to juggle and walk at the same time.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

name for cse fest urgent please,its technical fest
name= shruthi reddy college= BMSCE , Bangalore branch= EC mail id= < removed for benefit of Op> right im in 5th sem , i want to know the latest project...
Guys i fine out this site: internet-map.net this one is really a good iste for knowing how many millions of site exists with their name ,just double click on any...
HELLO TO ALL MY RESPECTED SENIORS I VE JUST STARTED STUDYING ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING IN JABALPUR AND I AM VERY EAGER TO DO RESEARCH IN THIS FIELD SUGGENT ME SOME IDEAS...
hey guys help me in placement , plz provide c,c++ basic notes here. for the technical interview ......!