Here comes a new problem for me... :eek:

I'm using Google Chrome, when i open it this notification arises,
chrome..โ€‹
after clicking more than 10 to 12 clicks it closes, is there any solution for this issue,โ€‹
any one came across this kind of problem..?
I've uninstalled & re-installed it still this problem persists....

Replies

• Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    please help me..๐Ÿ˜”
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Windows Vista & Windows 7
    1. Go to Task Manager and terminate all Chrome.exe processes
    2. If you still have a message to insert a drive after trying to terminate all Chrome.exe processes, then click Cancel on the error message
    3. Go to "C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
    4. Delete all files that begin with the word "History"
    5. Start Chrome Again

Windows XP
    All step are identical to above, except #3. Instead go to:
    C:\Document and Settings\[your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
    Someone had posted this, claiming it would work:
    Was having the same issue but I have successfully fixed it on my end. I had to think about why chrome would even be associated with a disk drive in the first place, (other than where the program itself was stored on C: - which should make no difference), and then I thought about the save location for any file I downloaded while using Chrome. I save everything externally and although I had "ask where to save..." selected, I also had set chrome to save to my external hdd (in my case, drive L๐Ÿ˜€. Well, like many of us, I sometimes unplug/replug my usb connections from time to time and if they don't go back exactly where they were - they then associate with another drive letter. (My new drive letter is now G: but it was still set to use L๐Ÿ˜€ To fix = Just check to see if the drive selected in the chrome options matches the drive that things will actually be saved to, if not, correct it and issue will be resolved. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Another user says:
    You probably downloaded something to a USB drive or some other drive that is no longer plugged in. Simply open Chrome and hit Ctrl+J. Then hit Clear All to clear all downloads. Now when you try to download something it will not try to populate the download list and will work like normal.
    This is actually classified as a serious issue by the Chrome team. They have said:
    Hi folks,

Just a quick update that a fix for this issue is available on Chrome version 18, which is currently in our Dev and Canary channels. This fix will eventually make its way to the Beta and Stable channels following our usual release cycle. If you would like to follow along on our Chrome releases, you can subscribe via email at #-Link-Snipped-#

If you are still seeing this issue in Chrome Dev (version 18) or Canary (version 18), please do let us know.
    Try out the above mentioned work arounds. If you are able to fix it, awesome... Say what you did... ๐Ÿ˜€ If not, try uninstalling and reinstalling chrome... Lets see what happens...
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Praveen-Kumar
    Windows Vista & Windows 7
    Praveen-Kumar
    1. Go to Task Manager and terminate all Chrome.exe processes
    2. If you still have a message to insert a drive after trying to terminate all Chrome.exe processes, then click Cancel on the error message
    3. Go to "C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
    4. Delete all files that begin with the word "History"
    5. Start Chrome Again

I tried this one and it works i fixed it...
    rkvasan68
    I tried this one and it works i fixed it...
    That's great sir!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    #-Link-Snipped-# thank you..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I just found this forum and am hoping to get some ideas/assistance. I am a full time BMET student at Devry, and just started my senior project, which is...
The_Big_K Now the smileys that are present in 'Create Thread' is of static.in motion, can u convert them in to dynamic pictures may be in .gif for animation.. i think...
In the lands of ice and snow, and even in some parts of India, it gets difficult to start engines. I have seen pictures of people lighting fires beneath their...
A look at how national labs in China and the US are using supercomputers to develop new products faster and solve complex challenges. Super computers are now being used for...
It would take a cast of hundreds and locations across the globe. Scientific photographers on the ground and in chase planes would capture much of the action. In the end,...