Help us moderate CE

CEans,

Our moderators work very hard round the clock to keep CE clean, professional and fun. You too can help us moderate and we'll be very thankful to you for any help you provide.

What can you do -

If you notice a SPAM post or advertising - please immediately notify our Moderators through profile message or private message.

Make sure that you DO NOT COMMENT on the spam or quote it in your message!

I look forward to your cooperation!

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Hey Spamming in this thread!!
    This is the thread to protect CE and Live Link here!!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    We do that ๐Ÿ˜€.
    So here i can tell you one idea all the MOds and Big_K should be added in the friends list such that they can PM them not a profile message but a private message such that a alert will be displayed and quick action will be taken.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I have One Question....

I am a Moderator on another Forum in that if anyone Report the post there is automatic PM generated to all the Moderator.... is this facility is available on CE??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep, you could report any post by clicking on the [โ€‹IMG] button in the bottom left corner of any post. We'll be notified of the post.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The_Big_K
    Yep, you could report any post by clicking on the [โ€‹IMG] button in the bottom left corner of any post. We'll be notified of the post.
    Is that , then we can do it.

Big_K can you elaborate what is reporting? will you get any alert or any email ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Reporting is helping the mods/admins with the moderation work. Once you report a post by clicking the button, we'll be notified of the post and the poster information.

Try clicking on the the button and see for yourself. Always make sure to enter the reason why you think the post you are reporting is spam. It'll help us make decision ๐Ÿ˜€

Don't worry if the post you reported is not a spam.

Let me know if you have further questions.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    nice explaination Biggie ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Big_K i have reported a post in Computer Science Section.
    Did some one get any alert?
    If yes did you people check that one ?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Just to elaborate on Biggie's explanation a bit, reporting the Spam message will send an e-mail to all mods. I suggest everyone use this option (rather than PM) as it is much easier for you guys, and its quicker for us to get alerted ๐Ÿ˜€ All in all, more efficient in combating spam.

A BIG thank you for those who have reported spam! Keep the vigilance up ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    this Report button generate Mail!!??
    why not we modify that to generate PM rather than Mail.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I'm not sure about that, but mail is better for a few reasons:

1. PM has a limit of 50 (inc both inbox and outbox).
    2. I check my mail more than I do CE ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    When you get a PM, you get an email notification well. Unless it's been turned off.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Thanks Big K
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh whoops, I didnt know about the PM.

I still do suggest using the report spam button. At least all mods will be informed instead of selected ones! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There's a problem with the forum sending emails to @crazyengineers.com domain accounts. I'm working on it right now.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am connecting a barcode reader to a pic so how i can power up the device? the pinout of the rs232 port doesn't contain a Vcc pin so does...
Hello everyone, I have the intention of using a Autotransformer which datasheet says this: Pri: 230V;5,7A; 50...60 Hz Sec:<1...230/260V;5.0A Its made by block, model ESS305 I plan to use it...
Hi everyone, I'm using Capacitors working in serie to handle High Voltage, and I'm afraid they might burn down o the first use for unequal voltage between different capacitors The...
my gate score is 300, which collges can i apply.
hi to all i hope you will be good can you please help me to solve these programs and convert them to c programs 1- find the roots of the...