Help: Tactile sensors for robotic hand

Hi all,
I am working on a project where im making a robotis hand. The absic structure, skin and servo motors are all set up. But I am having trouble in finding good tactile sensors. I have tested QTC as the force sensor but I am not satisfied with its performance. I am looking for the following sensors:-

- Force + Contact Sensor
- Temperature Sensor
- Proximity Sensor

I would really appreciate you input on this. Thanks a lot

Replies

• icehari
    icehari
    say me more about your project like.... when your hand should move
    at once it senses temperature
    at once it sense metal nearby or anything like this...
  • umerwahla
    umerwahla
    Thanks for the response. Well I would want the thermal sensor to be fairly quick, since i'll be using it to differentiate between a human and an object. So it necessary for the thermal sensors to give the correct reading of temperature in less than a second. As for the the proximity senor, again I would prefer if it gives me the reading in less than a second, but even slightly longer is permissible. I want to know if an object is near so that the hand can come into the right shape.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I'd prefer using a contact sensor rather than proximity ones. At least you don't need to bother with complicated calibration for the latter 😛
  • umerwahla
    umerwahla
    ash
    I'd prefer using a contact sensor rather than proximity ones. At least you don't need to bother with complicated calibration for the latter 😛
    and what contact sensor would u prefer?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Probably a simple SPST switch thats always open. Though, it'll have to be a bit sensitive though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

India's second biggest tech fest by IIT Roorkee: Cognizance. Official Website: Cognizance 2009::Second Biggest Techfest in India. IIT Roorkee About Cognizance: The Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee is proud to...
Here's information about Dallas TechFest - Official Website: Dallas TechFest 2009 > Home Dallas TechFest 2009 is a full day of technology learning, not just on one technology but on...
CEans, Can any write a review of Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail? 😀 Looking forward to your reviews.
Hiiii all, For a direct sequence spread spectrum(DSSS) system, which type of PN codes gives the best performance - Walsh codes, Gold codes, Kasami codes or Barker codes? Or any...
Because of my famous engineer debate thread, thought it would be fun to start posting famous engineers and see if people can guess. I'll post a new person's name and...