Totally Blank so far
Areas of Interest:
1. Image Processing - Image Segmentation and Recognition
2. Web Applications - nothing
Any suggestions

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Web apps is going to be interesting. How big is this project supposed to be?
  • kavir11
    kavir11
    Its supposed to big enough
    a Final Year Engineering Project
    so not quite a mini project
    and the norms like a bank website, website linked to a database on its own wudn't have much merit
    So something more on the lines of a creative yet big enough project would be favourable
  • Predictor
    Predictor
    kavir11
    Totally Blank so far
    Areas of Interest:
    1. Image Processing - Image Segmentation and Recognition
    2. Web Applications - nothing
    Any suggestions
    How about indirect measurement, like estimating traffic volume (automobiles or people) via digital images? This could be estimated by neural network, etc.

Or...

Biometric authentication which uses multiple lightweight (low-cost, low complexity) sensor modalities? If your face recognition is 95% accurate, and your voice recognition is 90% accurate, and your hand geometry recognition is 93% accurate (and we assume statistical independence of the errors), the the total, fused system becomes much more accurate.

-Will Dwinnell
    Data Mining in MATLAB
  • kavir11
    kavir11
    I like your second idea
    The first and third would be done using image processing and the 2nd would be done by comparing the signal of the input with the stored one
    But would you be able to ascertain whether the three mentioned biometric recognition procedures would be relatively easy to implement. Because we have very little idea of image processing yet.
    And would this be accomplished using MATLAB or any such software?
  • Predictor
    Predictor
    kavir11
    I like your second idea
    The first and third would be done using image processing and the 2nd would be done by comparing the signal of the input with the stored one
    But would you be able to ascertain whether the three mentioned biometric recognition procedures would be relatively easy to implement. Because we have very little idea of image processing yet.
    And would this be accomplished using MATLAB or any such software?
    What you consider "easy" depends on many factors, such as: your programming skill, how many people you expect the system to recognize, your knowledge of signal/image processing and machine learning, how accurate you want the system to be, etc. My guess is that this should not be too difficult to do.

Yes, this could all be accomplished in MATLAB.

-Will Dwinnell
    Data Mining in MATLAB
  • kavir11
    kavir11
    Thank you for your suggestion
    Would you be able to suggest me an alternative topic in image processing
    Something on the lines of Image segmentation. Extracting a particular object from a background.
    And where would i get guidance with regards to how to go about coding these softwares.. books,websites,etc..?
  • Predictor
    Predictor
    kavir11
    Would you be able to suggest me an alternative topic in image processing
    Something on the lines of Image segmentation. Extracting a particular object from a background.
    And where would i get guidance with regards to how to go about coding these softwares.. books,websites,etc..?
    There is considerable material on-line regarding projects of this sort. Here are a few places to start:

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Detecting Soda Cans Against a Cluttered Background: Detecting Soda Cans Using C++

Recognition of Handwritten Names: Boosting in Matlab

I do recommend getting a book on image processing, such as Digital Image Processing (Third Edition) by Gonzalez and Woods (
    ISBN-13: 978-0131687288).

-Will Dwinnell
    Data Mining in MATLAB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Help needed with contraptions heyy!!! m a 2nd yr btech student of nit kurukshetra.. i need some help regarding the topic contraption. i want to knw about the differnt energy...
Depression is here and the politicians are about to hyperinflate their fiat currencies to nothingness as a finale furioso hell-tax. So we go for gold, which always has been money...
I have got a worm in my pendrive which prevents deletion of any files in the pendrive. Cant format it either. Any help?
Alrighty, This is for all you CEans who use firefox. This is the thread to brainstorm ideas for the firefox extension(toolbar). basically how it should look, what will be it's...
the line shuld be thick(5 line thickness)..tats wat i wat to kno..anybody submit d applet program for thi...😕