Help: Power line communication project

I am doing a project on power line communication.
My aim is to transfer a code from one part to another, using an instrument at both sides, which can be connected to a power supply line and can be used for the purpose of communication.

Presently i know that i will need a transformer,step down.
It should be connected to a optocoupler for electrical insulation and then comes the modulator and demodulator. I would like to know what my circuit should have, so that it can do the purpose of encoding my data and sending it via powerline.the already running 50hz should be filtered out too.
Wanted to know more about the protocols and all in sending that data too.
So engineers, please help me in building my project.

Replies

• Smell Smoke
    Smell Smoke
    Re: Project guidance for power line communication project

Anybody with information about power line communications and links towards it will be helpful for me.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to Electrical/Electronics engineering section.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is difference between normal capacitor and coupling capacitor and can we use normal capacitor instead of coupling capacitor?
for example if my input is 2,then series shuould be, 00,01,10,11,etc., if my input is 10,then series shuould be,1,2,3,4,5,etc., is there any general mechanism in mathematics to find these numbers...
CEans, We are inviting guest authors to contribute to VoiCE. Send your articles to admin [att] crazyengineers [dawt] com . Do not forget to write a short author biography which...
Discuss https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/34184-inviting-guest-authors.html in this thread.
Hi Guys, I know lot of devices in the world use Resistors , capacitors and Inductors in their circuit designs with lot more devices though! We would be having a...