Help needed: suggest books for DBMS and SQL

Hi all,
could anyone please suggest me the best books for DBMS and SQL(for beginners or you can say introductory).
counting on your replies!!!!

Replies

• friendster7
    friendster7
    Re: Help needed

the best book for DBMS is "Fundamentals of Database system"by
    (ELMASRI,NAVATHE,SOMAYAJULU,GUPTHA.)
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    Re: Help needed

Try this one for SQL"Head First SQL: Your Brain on SQL -- A Learner's Guide (Head First)"
    https://rapidshare.com/files/106351421/9780596526849-0596526849.rar
  • devesh
    devesh
    😁thanks a lot buddy..
    i'll check it out.
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    you are welcome buddy..
  • devesh
    devesh
    hi friendster7,

is there any particular book(that comes handy) which u can refer for SQL,if u keep those ebooks aside
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    check this out
    1)Head First SQL: Your Brain on SQL -- A Learner's Guide its a o'really publication it is a good book to learn fundamentals..
    2)Oracle PL/SQl, Third Edition by #-Link-Snipped-#
    3)
    Expert SQL #-Link-Snipped-# Development (Expert) Publisher: Apress (May 15, 2007)
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    [​IMG]

Use this comprehensive tutorial and reference to increase productivity and write stored procedures using the language with which you're most familiar. The revised content covers new features such as XML integration, #-Link-Snipped-#, the .NET Common Language Runtime (CLR), and security updates, making this book a must for any developer or database administrator transitioning to the #-Link-Snipped-# of SQL Server. You'll learn to develop SQL #-Link-Snipped-##-Link-Snipped-# Web site provides all of the code examples found in the book.

Seasoned #-Link-Snipped-# think inside the box, because that's where the cool code is. This comprehensive reference takes you inside the latest, coolest, and most powerful box, #-Link-Snipped-# SQL Server 2005. Each of the book's seven sections focuses on key elements in a logical sequence, so you can easily find what you need—including all the basics, best practices, dozens of targeted examples, and sample code. If you develop, manage, or maintain SQL Server 2005 databases, this in-depth book is what you need to succeed!
    and data connections, administer SQL Server, and keep databases performing at their peak. In addition, you'll find dozens of specific examples in both a graphical format and as SQL code as well as numerous best practices describing the most effective way to accomplish a given task. A
  • devesh
    devesh
    once again thanks a ton....
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    I think the best book for DBMS would be Abraham Silberchatrz..check it out..
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    I would strongly suggest DBMS - Korth. The author takes you from the ground up and builds your fundamentals by explaining the exact logic behind SQL queries.

For beginners, start reading up ANSI SQL, rather than any particular flavour of SQL, since then you can write queries on any particular DBMS.
  • zeba
    zeba
    i find korth, which is same as silberschatz, best for many topics in DBMS.chapter 3 of navathe is better than the corresponding topic in korth. functional dependency and normalization is best given in Navathe. so refer both. I have oracle university's introduction to Oracle9i:SQL student guide. It teaches u in the minimum possible time. very easy to learn quickly from that. Complete reference of oracle is too detailed and so good when u have patience.every topic is given in much depth.might help.
  • Er_divvy
    Er_divvy
    😁hi buy korth dtabase syayems if you want its softcopy i wiil mail it to you.
  • devesh
    devesh
    oh! that would be a great help.
    you can mail me the soft copy on #-Link-Snipped-#
    or if want to send me the link for that then you can send me on #-Link-Snipped-#

Thanks a lot for that.
  • devesh
    devesh
    hey Er Divvy!!!!!!!!!! i am waiting for the soft copy.

Regards
    Devesh

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How To Get Rid Of Dandruff and Itching Dandruffs How To Get Rid Of Dandruff and Itching Dandruffs Dandruff is the common skin problem that we face in our daily...
Your passwords are the keys you use to access personal information that you've stored on your computer and in your online accounts. If criminals or other malicious users steal this...
thanks for signing me up.................😛
CEans, Motorcycle enthusiasts - jump with joy! 😁 We are extremely proud to have Mr. Naoya Kaneko, Kawasaki Motor's technical manager to answer your questions! 😀 Now get your questions...
Hi friends, I too have a problem with my PC..Sometimes when i'm working my PC suddenly gets off(shutting down)on its own..I was advised to format my system..I would like to...