CrazyEngineers
  • hi everyone.. i am a 2nd yr. engg. student. i am making a solar stirling engine for my college project. actually i want to run a fan using solar powered stirling engine. i hav already made the stirling engine .the only problem that i am now facing is to concentrate the solar heat. i am thinking about using parabolic mirror to concentrate solar heat but since it concentrates along a focal line so i am unable to think how to use it. i also dont want to use any fluid as heat collector like water. can i heat a metal rod using a parabolic mirror and clamp it to the hot side of the engine .
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • avenir.jim

MemberNov 18, 2008

your using parabolic mirror to concentrate the solar heat. so it concentrates along a focal line. some times you can heat a metal rod using a parabolic mirror and clamp. for more information visit the site <a href="https://www.lincenergy.us" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">MPOPLAY : Agen Judi Mpo Slot Terbaru Untuk Warga Indonesia 2022</a>
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • antuntun

MemberApr 2, 2009

hi, #-Link-Snipped-#, I am also a student and am working on a similar project (solar stirling) so I would like to know if You had found out the answer to your question regarding calculations or anything of practical importance as it would be very helpfull...Thank You
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register