Help me for design of a simple mechanism

mechanism mechanism Hi I am trying to design a mechanism for a model engine as shown in pic. The red lever on top and a bell crank are both connected to a single crank by two connecting rods.
The travel of bell crank at free end should be 1.5 times the travel of crank and both should be 90 deg offset.
Can anyone help me to design the dimension for the mechanism?
I need to know exact point at which the bell crank fulcrum is to be located so that it gives equal sinusoidal motion above and below horizontal.

Replies

• TAMIL AZHAGAR
    TAMIL AZHAGAR
    You can simply divide this into four bar mechanism.
  • n1kh1l
    n1kh1l
    Tamilazhagan
    You can simply divide this into four bar mechanism.
    The engine I am trying to make is a Rider Ericsson Hot Air Pump which uses this mechanism.
    I dont want to divert from original engine.
  • boligarla prasanth
    boligarla prasanth
    A bellcrank is a type of Crank (Mechanism) that changes motion through an angle. The angle can be any angle from 0 to 360 degrees, but 90 degrees and 180 degrees are most common.

The name comes from its first use, changing the vertical pull on a rope to a horizontal pull on the striker of a Bell (Instrument), used for calling staff in large houses or commercial establishments.

A typical 90 degree bellcrank consists of an "L" shaped crank pivoted where the two arms of the L meet. Moving rods (or cables or ropes) are attached to the ends of the L arms. When one is pulled, the L rotates around the pivot point, pulling on the other arm.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Developed agriculture needs to find new ways to improve efficiency. One approach is to utilise available information technologies in the form of more intelligent machines...
Project Abstract / Summary : Microcontroller based design, has acquired the Status of most happening field in electronics. This is highly specialized field that has the power of integrating thousands...
Project Abstract / Summary : To make a website for the Soccer League game. To make a project in java language and to make a web application in java for...
Project Abstract / Summary : Often, for certain low voltage lighting systems; you would like to turn off the lights during the bright light of the day. Most commercial day/night...
Hi, is there anyone know ABAQUS? I need some help reg. to that.