Help me decide between: Stripe card reader and power automation

Hi friends...

I've got two ideas for my project. But i think i need some assistance from u guys..
I din decide which one to take forward....
Stripe card reader and power automation. These are two things in my mind now.
But as far as the card reader concerned am not getting to implement something different.
Any ideas coming...?? :?

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    How about a card reader to operate a home door dead-bolt lock?
    or a card reader to operate a vehicle door lock and ignition?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    In that case, and RF card reader would be more interesting ๐Ÿ˜€ Magnetic stripes are not so durable
  • gohm
    gohm
    good thought!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    RFID, radio frequency identification is making strides these days. An RF card reader for any of the above mentioned applications would be a good project.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I think we had some discussions on RFID before on CE. One interesting application I found was embedding tiny RFID chips into human hands! So when they approach the reader, they just swipe their hand over it.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    speaking of human implants, I just remembered. have you heard of Kevin Warwick? The human cyborg? Just check this out..

#-Link-Snipped-#

It's crazy.๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Damn, silverscorpion. What a find! This professor is indeed crazy, but still awesome ๐Ÿ˜›

He plans (or maybe already) to put devices in him and his wife to test if they can send emotional signals to each other. Thats kind of sweet.. no?

Anyway, back to topic!

Rohit, try to check out RFID tag and readers. Lots of applications! ๐Ÿ˜€ Search around for CE for RFID discussions, theres are a few already.
  • rohit330
    rohit330
    Thank you guyz......๐Ÿ˜€
    let me go through this RFID concept....
  • rohit330
    rohit330
    guys...one more doubt...
    is there anyway to obtain a constant vtg from a spike...
    ie, using an ir sensor we are detecting the movement in a room. the ir is allowed to fall on base of a photo transistr.. whenever movement is there the ciruit breaks...now the application is - when there is no one in the room, the circuit works and via a 555, wid a delay we can obtain the spike...but if this spike can be converted to a constant vtg, it can fed to light circuit connected via a relay which can turn off...

am having some doubt regarding rfid also....hope u all will help...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is actual private message I received today - hi, I'm studyin in second year ELECTRICAL engineering. I have to do one mini project this semister... I have not yet...
hi 2 all im new to this forum nd i am having some many dbts please clarify them clearly 1) what type of power is generating in the generating station...
We live in the woods in northern Maine about a ยฝ mile off the road with common winter temperatures many degrees below 0F. We heat only with wood. This works...
hey guys i want to know what is the signiificance of 1)The Fouries series 2) Guard bands in frequency spectrum. thanks.๐Ÿ˜•
Hello CEans ๐Ÿ˜€ I'd like to ask, at what speeds do you all cruise at on the highway? How do we determine which speed is the most fuel efficient for...