HCL Me Netbook AE1V1063-X - For Engineering Students

HCL Me Netbook AE1V1063-X is an affordable and lightweight computer and I'm sure many engineering students would prefer it for their studies. The term 'Netbook' is relatively new to the computer industry. The netbooks were introduced in late 2007 and have became popular as a low-end notebook. CNET has often called netbooks as a smaller versions of regular notebooks. Let's take a look at HCL Me Netbook, its features and price.

HCL Me Netbook comes with DoS installed (No Winodows or uBuntu) and features 6 cell Li-Ion battery which is designed to last for up to 8 hours on regular usage. The system is powered by Intel® Atom™ Processor N455 (512K Cache, 1.66 GHz) along with Intel® NM10 Platform Control Hub (PCH) chipset. HCL ME also has 1GB DDR3 RAM which is more than what you'd need for your regular use. There is ample room for storing your files, music and videos as Me has 250GB SATA hard drive.

#-Link-Snipped-#
HCL Me

Most of the colleges in India are Wi-Fi enabled and you can use the inbuilt 802.11b/g/n WLAN card to connect to any WiFi network. The screen size is 10.1" (LED backlit) and supports resolution up to 1024X600 px [16:9 aspect ration, ideal for HD video]. The netbook has 0.3 MP camera on the front with inbuilt microphone for your video conferencing needs. The netbook also features 7in1 card reader 7 in ((MMC) / RS MMC / Memory stick (MS) / MS Pro / MS Duo / Secure Digital Card / Mini SD). It also has inbuilt in Intel® AtomTM N455 CPU graphics card.

AE1V1063-X has 1 Line Out , 1 Mic in for the audio and it weights about 1.3 kg. The netbook has ample room for connectivity with USB Port : 3 (USB2.0), 1 RJ 45 - LAN port , 1 VGA Port etc along with onboard LAN 10/100Mbps Gigabit Ethernet controller. Software that comes preinstalled includes MicrofibreLCD Protector, EC2 Data Recovery Software.

The HCL Me Netbook is priced at Rs. 14,560/- which includes one year on-site warranty. I believe for the price and the features HCL Me Netbook is a good buy. Share your opinion, reviews and feedback with us below.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I personally prefer console based games more than PC games simply because of the wide display that we get on HD TVs and the remote controls which offer a better...
Nokia 1616 is an affordable, ultra-low cost mobile from Nokia with anti-scratch screen and dust resistant keypad. Nokia 1616 offers easy to use interface along with compact and ergonomic design....
Confused by the title of this article? One may think that what does building network has to do anything with Piping Design? But the network I am going to talk...
Researchers at the Universities of Cambridge and Edinburgh have developed genetically modified chickens to prevent them from spreading bird flu. The scientists have successfully developed genetically modified (transgenic) chickens that...
American football is one of the most watched sports in the USA making NFL (National Football League) TRP ratings skyrocket every season. However many fans feel that the probability of...