Have we made a mistake by writing bicycles off from our life?

Yes I had stumbled on to the following website
#-Link-Snipped-#
Where I had read thae top ten innovations of bicycle.Yes we have forgotten the classy bicycles from our life and went to pick bikes which makes us more lazy.watch the link and say your views.
I want to knoe how many of the CEans still use bicycles to reach nearby store or market.We are drived towards usage of bikes and cars for mere status.

Replies

• The Observer
    The Observer
    CSK AUTO
    Yes I had stumbled on to the following website
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Where I had read thae top ten innovations of bicycle.Yes we have forgotten the classy bicycles from our life and went to pick bikes which makes us more lazy.watch the link and say your views.
    I want to knoe how many of the CEans still use bicycles to reach nearby store or market.We are drived towards usage of bikes and cars for mere status.
    Yes. These keep us a lot healthy . Infact, SAE has something called Efficycle challenge every year which builds up on making innovative and efficient bicycles.. pretty good though i havent seen any of them being applied in real 😛
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I have a different opinion altogether.

this question is similar to asking "have we made a mistake by writing off cell phones like the nokia 1100 and moving on to smart phones and tabs ?"

think about it

As for health and pollution, who really cares, in this fast paced world. if you still talk about health and pollution issue in the case of using motocycles, while using a high end cell phone, then it would be hypocrisy on your part, because cell phones too nowadays have their own health hazards.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    I bought a mountain bike two weeks ago so I could exercise when I got back home from work. Walking/jogging for me is too boring and I get a better sweat when I cycle. I use my bicycle for short distance errands also. Heck if I could pedal to work I would but its just too far (1 hour by car).

I took a ride one day to get something by a food vendor. He began asking me about my bike. I told him its easier to hop on my bike plus I get the exercise. He saw it as a good idea and told me since he got his licence he stopped riding and even stopped exercising. He saw the advantages of the bike and told me he would invest in one. I realized that some people have gotten so caught up in the fast life they just forget they can use a bike to run short distance errands. Some people I personally think have just gotten lazy. I think it will catch on though. My younger brother uses his bike to get around campus and since he rents is an easy and cheap mode of transport to and from the grocery store, fastfood outlet or campus gym/grounds.

Since I got my bike and started riding again there have been many innovations. There is even an app that uses your phone to tell you your speed, heart rate etc. You just have to buy and install the sensor kit.
    The main reason I bought my bike was because I saw it as an investment in my health.

Oh and if you will be on the road CEans get a helmet, for 2 main reasons:
    1. Motorist identify you as a cyclist
    2. God forbid you get in an accident and need to claim for injuries once you had your helmet on you will be at an advantage.
    N.B. Be sure you have front and rear reflectors/lights.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I cycle nearly for 3 hours a week And I think that itself helps me a lot in many ways I have a speedy walk that can't be equated But overall I enjoy walking and cycling over any other mode of transport

Avoiding cycling I am sure you are preparing to do some rigid Cardio exercise in GYMS
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    It was back in 6th standard when i graduated from bicycles to motorbikes. and since then i haven't touched a bicycle, even once. !

i don't care about exercises, and as for travelling, i rely solely on my hero honda
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I regret having bought a scooter. Although it's the easiest form of commute and I can't really adjust to work timings without one (have to travel 35 minutes on a scooter at 50km/hr), I've put on weight because of my Work-Eat-Drive-Sleep routine and it's making me lazy like hell!

I've an old bicycle at home which I did not bring to the current place where I'm staying (3 hours away). However, when I tried using my cousin's bike after a long gap and affinity towards the Dio scooter, the bike now feels so small and uncomfortable! Overall I miss bicycling and badminton!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEan's I have the following topics for my case study of Operating Systems subject that I have to submit by next month's end. e) Unix f) Linux g) OS/2...
A miscellany of a dozen things to liven up summer or chilling it: https://www.instructables.com/id/10-Life-Hacks-You-Need-To-Know-For-a-Better-Summer/?ALLSTEPS
Electrical engineers at the United States Department Of Energy's National Accelerator Laboratory have put speed limits on the world's fastest electrical switch - the one that takes just a trillionth...
New Delhi railway station is set to become India's first ever railway station to offer free Wi-Fi service to the passengers. The station, arguably 'India's busiest' will offer this value...
Looks like PayPal India & RBI have finally resolved all the issues between them. All the PayPal users in India are receiving the following email (see below). The email highlights...