Have Nokia & Blackberry Lost The Smartphone Battle To Apple & Samsung?

I remember the days when people would refer to mobile phones as 'Nokia'. Nokia phones had made an impression in consumers minds as phones with superior build quality, almost unbreakable and of high quality. Nokia ruled the markets.

Then there were those 'advanced' users who' flaunt their blackberry phones. Blackberry stormed the corporate consumers who'd use is extensively for the email on the go. Every 'manager' would be incomplete without a Blackberry phone. So, the markets were divided between the two players: Nokia and Blackberry. Fast forward to about 2 years ago; everything seems to have changed.

The electronics giant Apple had already made a mark in the consumer's mind that they've a phone that gives you everything - a 'class', 'a smartphone', 'a rich music player with a touchscreen. Apple shook the markets like no one else. Samsung too, jumped into the war leveraging Google's Android operating system. I believe it's the 'App Marketplace' these two companies have built their reputation upon that led to slow deterioration of Nokia and Blackberry.

What do you think?

Replies

• manishks
    manishks
    Nokia is trying to maintain its hold over the market! They launched Symbian Belle, the next version of Symbian. Its almost like Android OS. Also, they have launched windows phone, Nokia lumia 800, Nokia lumia 710. And Nokia lumia 710 is one of the cheapest windows phone available in the market(other is Samsung Omnia👀).
    I think Nokia still have an image of building phones having superior build quality. Its just that now consumers have more options available.
    But there's no denying the fact that apple and Samsung have gained popularity. But I am sure Nokia's windows phones will give stiff competition to Samsung's android phones and Apples I-phone. Nokia lumia 800 is already gaining popularity and Nokia lumia 900 was endorsed by Apple's co-founder Steve Wozniak. He said Nokia Lumia 900 is reincarnation of Steve Jobs!!!!!!😲
    ( to know more what Steve Wozniak said use this link #-Link-Snipped-# 😀 )

I think Nokia will maintain its hold over the market.
    I don't have much idea of blackberry though.😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Gumroad is a new startup by three techies and led by a young Indian who earlier worked for Pinterest. Gumroad is all set to remove the pain from the whole...
i want mobile bug circuitry nd procedures can any one help me
I am an Mechanical Engineer...I want to do something extra in my fav. field(MECHANICAL)...thts y i m here...
CEans, This summer all of us, together will update our site with information about summer internship and training opportunities and experience sharing from all over the world. Today almost every...
As has been the response of most of the test takers, the new GRE's toughest part is the Verbal section. This is because the synonyms and antonyms section has been...