Has TRAI banned calling facility in tablets in India?

I just got the news that telecom regulatory authority of India - TRAI has banned telephone (calling) facility in tablets sold in India. I searched for more information about this news online but couldn't find any source mentioning it. Is it just a rumor or the news carries some weight?

I don't see any reason why TRAI should be concerned about banning the calling feature of the tablets. If this is true, I wonder what will be the rule for the 'phablets' like Galaxy Note and similar devices.

If anyone knows more about this, please let us know the details.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm told that the production of Micromax Funbook - which is one of the top selling tablets in India has stopped. This news comes from one of the dealers who's...
Those looking for topic wise previous years GATE question papers with solutions, please find these attachments available for download. for thermodynamics and engineering mathematics scroll down.
How to install Android API Packages offline?? i hv to install android sdk package online, which is very time consuming, can i install offline, plz suggest me.
H.R. Murali of Namma Cycle of Bangalore, who is actively promoting self powered transport is giving a talk:'Hop-on Hop-off Cycle Sharing in the city - Murali of Namma Cycle' at...
Hello Engineers..... This is srikanth😎 im passionate to know the new developments in the field of technology. I enjoy listening music😘...😘 watchin movies👀