Has anyone Tried to repair Windows Xp from Recovery Console

Hi CEans,

May be some of the CEans Knows this.But i am putting this question ,that is anyone tried to repair the Windows XP from Recovery console
When you Boot your System from the CD We have the option to either install a fresh copy of windows ,or to repair the existing installation by repairing from recovery console
by pressing R
After that it open the command prompt screen where we can get the list of command by Help

and for the respective command to understand we can use command name space /?
here some commands are like..fixboot,fixmbr,chkdsk commands
I tried for FixMBR and it worked 😀

If any CEans knows exactly all commands how they works please post here 😀

Replies

• Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Yeah I too tried using the recovery console for XP once. Actually my start up failed because of some reason but I wasn't knowing the exact command to fix it up. Finally I installed a fresh copy of the operating system.
    It'll really be good if we can have a list of all such commands along with their explanation.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Deepika Bansal
    Yeah I too tried using the recovery console for XP once. Actually my start up failed because of some reason but I wasn't knowing the exact command to fix it up. Finally I installed a fresh copy of the operating system.
    It'll really be good if we can have a list of all such commands along with their explanation.
    if this happens again firstly do "chkdsk /r" it fixes the error in the respective volume and do FIXMBR to write a new Master Boot Record 😀
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Thank you CD for this information.😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi The_Big_k , We can have something like this on our forum. Check out the following Physics forum link. Introducing LaTeX Math Typesetting goiit.com also has Latex enabled into their...
I was thinking to collect the list of the Magazines related to Engineering. So Ceans please share if you read any or you know. Please Follow this format if possible....
This lecture focuses on Audio Power Amplifier and Norton's Amplifier . Delivered by Prof. Radhakrishna Rao (Electrical Engineering Department, IIT Madras). Exchange your ideas, ask questions and doubts on these...
[FONT="]CONDENSER – AIR EXTRACTION EQUIPMENT[/FONT] - Turbines are designed for a particular operating conditions like steam inlet pressure, steam inlet temperature and turbine exhaust pressure/ exhaust vacuum, which affects the...
This lecture focuses on the most important signal processing block—the multiplier. Lecture delivered by Prof. Radhakrishna Rao of IIT Madras Electrical Engineering Department. Watch this lecture, ask your doubts and...