Hardware authentication

" Is there any hardware specific key for distinguishing electronic gadgets like mobile phones, laptops etc". Let me ask through an example; Let's say me and my friend just bought mobile phones from store (may or may not be similar) will there be any hardware specific key to distinguish my mobile from other one (not by mere looking the external model).

thanks... 😀

Replies

• bharathpb
    bharathpb
    Dear Srikant,

For each electronic equipment ,there will be unique equipment identification no ..For mobiles its IMEI nos.
    google it for further details.

Same as that laptops also have a unique serial no
    Hope thats what you intended

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It looks like Internet Brands, the company that owns vBulletin is all set to stop XenForo from launching their software tomorrow. They have filed lawsuit against XenForo claiming the copyrights....
Hey ppl, Now a days when i log in to my college wifi it shows a note on front page... Note:The users connecting to wifi network with a static IP...
Inspirational/Motivational video!! Again, a must watch video A really touching video! [video=youtube;KboIq6_RwuQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KboIq6_RwuQ[/video] "The talent of success is nothing more than doing what you can do, well." - Henry W. Longfellow
what is the difference between functions,methods,anonymous functions and closure. I got it but not upto the point .So please can anyone little bit more?
What is producer-consumer problem and the direct,indirect communication associated with it? what are bounded and unbounded buffers?