Harddisk failure

I bought a toshiba l500 late in december last year and on february while using linux ubuntu it showed my hard disk was failing and it had many bad sectors but windows doesnt show this problem.itook it back to the dealer i purchased it from because it has a warranty .they have stayed with the laptop for more than one month and theres no change,they claim the do there test with winows,what should i do.

Replies

• ankesh.cs2007
    ankesh.cs2007
    for checking bad sectors....
    go to my computer, right click on any drive and go to properties.
    in the tools tab you will find option for error checking.
    click the button,,,,,,,
    now check both the checkbox for scanning and fixing bad sectors.
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    but in windows it shows right na
    you are booting both OSes from same disk or installing 1 OS at same time try installing nly 1 OS then check

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am doing a project with uTasker. I can't find any help and the uTasker forum is more favorable for the pros. Anyone here is using it? I need help...
I want to edit my registry,,whenever I type regedit in run dialog,,I'm getting this error. through pendrive, my sys is infected with virus. every folder has the exe,with the name...
Java and Robotics, post your views in terms of the following,it will be more interesting fellas.. Possibility : Advantage : Disadvantage : Example Robot Designed or Controlled using Java :...
Hi Guy I am sasuke, 26 year old. from malaysia. Glad to join the team. Hope can learn something new here. Actually i'm electrical field, now i change my post...
Hi, I am doing my first course in communication engineering and i am required to find any open research problem for the topic and solve it. Could anyone please tell...