• sowjitha
    sowjitha
    happy republic day to all indians
  • Jyothi Jo
    Jyothi Jo
    HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How many know what exactly is 'Republic Day' celebrated for?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    I know just a bit.

Although the India gained its Independence on August 15, 1947 but the Constitution of India came into force only on January 26, 1950. We've adopted our constitution on that day. And then the India is changed from a British Dominion to a Republic.
    Hence, we celebrate the day that we've became a Republic.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let's dig a bit into the history. Why did India became the British Dominion?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    What I know is it was all about Trade/Bussiness.

British started the East India Company to be supplied with tea, spices and other goods. Eventually, it became almost an offshoot of the British government with its own troops to keep the supply lines secure. And this makes India became a dominion of the British Empire ๐Ÿ˜”

We shouldn't have allowed them.
    Isn't it?
  • sowjitha
    sowjitha
    Sada
    What I know is it was all about Trade/Bussiness.

British started the East India Company to be supplied with tea, spices and other goods. Eventually, it became almost an offshoot of the British government with its own troops to keep the supply lines secure. And this makes India became a dominion of the British Empire ๐Ÿ˜”

We shouldn't have allowed them.
    Isn't it?
    ya agree with you sada
    I have some information why britishers came to india because before many centuries the trading was done on land that is from a place called constantinople. This area was occupied by the some empire so the land trading has become very difficult through land. So the people from different nations have started to india through sea route for the business.Portuguse were the first to reach the india and the person who reached was "Vasco da gama".After this many nations entered and started to take grip over india but there attempts became failure due to the entry of the britishers and they became successful and they occupied all over india and have ruled our india for an century

This information is from my school histroy book.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Why did India allowed them? ๐Ÿ˜•
  • sowjitha
    sowjitha
    Sada
    Because,first they entered to india for business.They impressed the local kings by some expensive gifts and then they started business with the kings.And the main reason for the business is the "PEPPER" which is very expensive at that times.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    it domination of British empire began in the 17th century i guess. n the fight for independence really started in 1857 from merut, u.p.
    @sada- why shouldn't we had allowed them??? we used to get a large revenue and trade off from them, since India was a milestone midway port for the east and the west to trade. but the problem was, India was divided into a large number of smaller reigns, which used to compete with each other for the the land and goods, which the Britisher's used as a weapon to dominate the Indian peninsular gradually.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sada
    It didn't happen over a year. It was a systematic corrosion. There are several interesting facts which aren't described in text books. Because the text books & current Indian education system is actually introduced by the Britishers. The text books will actually never reveal India's glorious past; which has become my topic of interest these days.

Why did India remained a dominion even after 'freedom'?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    lovejeet
    it domination of British empire began in the 17th century i guess. n the fight for independence really started in 1857 from merut, u.p.
    @sada- why shouldn't we had allowed them??? we used to get a large revenue and trade off from them, since India was a milestone midway port for the east and the west to trade. but the problem was, India was divided into a large number of smaller reigns, which used to compete with each other for the the land and goods, which the Britisher's used as a weapon to dominate the Indian peninsular gradually.
    Why should we? Don't we know how to make a business?
    And the allowing is still going on in all the fields.

The_Big_K
    It didn't happen over a year. It was a systematic corrosion. There are several interesting facts which aren't described in text books. Because the text books & current Indian education system is actually introduced by the Britishers. The text books will actually never reveal India's glorious past; which has become my topic of interest these days.
    That's very true. And what I got to know recently is the opinions, thinkings of us would also depends on the teaching faculty too.

after freedom? Do you mean between 1947-50?
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Sorry. I am Late to this thread.

Sada
    Why should we? Don't we know how to make a business?
    And the allowing is still going on in all the fields.
    That's very true. And what I got to know recently is the opinions, thinkings of us would also depends on the teaching faculty too.
    Yes. I do agree. But As per my knowledge, in those days our indians didn't needed any business tacticts. They used to depend on "Sharing system"(give and take policy). After British introduced the word "Business", our people corrupted in all the levels. I think that was the starting point of corruption in our country.

The_Big_K
    The text books will actually never reveal India's glorious past; which has become my topic of interest these days.

Why don't we have a seperate thread to discuss on this topic ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Raj *Engineering Trade: MS(SOFTWARE ENGINEERING) Location: VELLORE(TAMIL NADU) *Occupation: (Student|Working|Self-Employed|Unemployed; details please!) STUDENT...DNG MY FINAL YR Work Experience: (if applicable) *Hobbies & Interests: READING NOVELS... *Aim in life: (if...
hi ppl... i am dng a project on moving object detection in image processing in matlab..i am new to matlab and i have no ides how to start with it...can...
can any one tell me the difference between military and normal radars and the frequency and range at which they operate?
i am saranya,doing b.tech 3rd year in computer science and engineering. i joined CE to be a part of this community where engineers across world share their ideas.
hai everyone,,,, i am 3rd year b.tech student. i am searching for suitable topics for my mini project . can any one help me out?