Hacker won Open-Source Kinect driver Contest

Last Week, Adafruit Industries had launched a contest prize of $2000 to $3000 for anyone who can figure out how to decouple the hot new device from Microsoft's gaming machine.

And a Hacker named Hector has created the driver.
See the following video:

[video=youtube;rKhW-cvpkks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKhW-cvpkks&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Adafruit gave him a prize amount of $3000. 😀

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Great! Hector!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm interested in doing a little bit of home automation stuff in my room (control few lights etc). I believe you can do this using X10 products. Do they work...
Apple support has made available the update for MAC OS X. In the version 10.6.5 some of the fixes and improvements include reliability with Microsoft Exchange servers and resolving issues...
The Social Network is a 2010 drama film about the founding of the Internet social networking website Facebook and the resulting lawsuits. This movie is set to release in India...
J.K Rowling is the first billionaire female author. She deserves everything that she has today and the credit for it goes solely to her awesome writing talent. I am a...
AMD is one which is ready to give challenge to Intel;s Atom processor. According to AMD it is integrating some extra circuitry to its processor so that it bring a...