Gyroscope principle

friends i want to know more gyroscope principle and its effect in navigation

Replies

• arjunoids
    arjunoids
    search wikipedia dude.
  • skipper
    skipper
    Gyroscopic motion is angular momentum; since a body can have momentum and not have linear motion, gyroscopes "store" momentum (energy).

This is why a gyroscope maintains a fixed orientation when you transport it (say, around a sphere). The angular momentum around a fixed axis, stays fixed according the Newton's laws, just like linear momentum does - except linear momentum distributes energy, angular momentum "keeps" energy in place.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😁Very Happy Birthday 😁 😁Vishnu Priya😁 May your dreams come true! :myparty:🎉
Hey there guys....i need some help to understand the following schematic that can be found in the attached document. I dont have a background in electronics at all so this...
i have problem in my USB mouse. when i pluged the mouse in my computer it works till windows start. . After windows start it is not working......... why it...
😎hi..frnds im new to CE.i want to know more about this CE.i dnt have any frnds here.....is anybody there for me......
-New Product Brings Modern 3D Modeling to Mainstream Plant Design and Engineering Projects- Aberdeen, UK: 10 September 2009 - Autodesk, Inc. today announces the availability of AutoCAD Plant 3D 2010,...