Group voice & video calls on WhatsApp - Soon!

World's most popular mobile messenger - WhatsApp seems to be in a hurry to catch up with the rivals in terms of features. After the recent leak about WhatsApp bringing in #-Link-Snipped-# feature, we now have a confirmed update that the messenger is soon to get group voice call feature. But that's not all, there seems to be an evidence in the latest beta that group video-calling feature may also be in the works.

The leak was tweeted by twitter handle WABetaInfo which is known to be accurate about its predictions. Here's what the handle tweeted -

The hidden feature was found in the beta version 2.17.70. When the user makes a voice call to another user, the app now sends a request to the server to check if the person is already engaged in a group voice call.

WhatsApp-Group-Voice-Video-Calls

There seems to be one reference to the group video calls and that means, users will soon be able to make video calls through the messenger. It's expected that the group voice calling feature will be released first, followed by the group video calling feature.

WABetaInfo also tweeted that a new feature that allows the administrators to remove more than one group members at once. There's no ETA for the said feature, and we'll keep you posted as soon as the feature is released to the public.

In addition, WhatsApp seems to have began rolling out the WhatsApp Business app to limited number of businesses in select countries viz. India, Indonesia, Germany, Netherlands and Spain. Access to WhatsApp Business seems to be by invite only as the app is currently in beta state.

Do let us know your opinion about upcoming features in WhatsApp. Will overload of features make the app confusing to use?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    About time! Even though we all were expecting the feature sooner later.. Thank god that this is finally happening. Group voice calls was introduced much earlier on Facebook Messenger I think. Good of WhatsApp to catch up.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey there, there is a really nice app that measures, stores and analyzes vibrations. Within seconds you get the eigenfrequencies of any kind of objects (slabs, bridges, beams) in terms...
Researchers at Stanford’s School of Earth, Energy and Environmental Sciences have successfully tested a mechanism which shall use fibre optic network to monitor seismic events. Yes, the same fibre optic...
Hey there, there is a really nice app that measures, stores and analyzes vibrations. Within seconds you get the eigenfrequencies of any kind of objects (slabs, bridges, beams) in terms...
Xiaomi has seen monumental success with its Redmi Note 4. This budget smartphone has managed to become the most selling smartphone in India. These sales figures have propelled Xiaomi as...
I've a couple of videos that I've downloaded from the Internet (basically few video course files that I purchased) and was looking for a way to cast them to my...