Greetings from Colorado Springs

Name: Justin Kolodziej

*Engineering Trade: Well, there's a slight complication. I think I filled in "electronics", but in reality, I understand software engineering and electrical engineering as well. It was one of those situations where I graduated with a Computer Engineering degree... in 2001. Exactly. So, I refocused to hardware and computer architecture and got a Masters in that.

*Occupation
: Temporarily unemployed; I worked in the semiconductor industry for 3 1/2 years until an untimely layoff and subsequent weakness in the sector are pushing me to other industries, such as renewable energy, building design consulting, heavy machinery, or general electronics consulting.

Work Experience
: I worked as a Systems Engineer at LSI from July 2004 to January 2008, where I did product integration test, wrote embedded code to further that end, and also product support for some of LSI's biggest customers. Also, I was a teaching assistant at the University of Illinois for 2001-2003, which made graduate school a negative cost for me ๐Ÿ˜

*Hobbies & Interests
: Running (best 5K = 22:25), skiing (I'm fine as long as there's no moguls), hockey (eh... not exactly leading the league in points), ambient music (I've recorded some, and some of that is at Justin Kolodziej | Listen and Stream Free Music, Albums, New Releases, Photos, Videos)

*Aim in life
: Die happy. The rest is less-important details. Not very engineer-like, is it? ๐Ÿ˜‰ OK, I kinda want to help save the world from excess energy usage as well.

*I joined CrazyEngineers because: A forum for engineers? What's not to like? Here's how I found it: I checked in on Guy Kawasaki's Twitter and saw his link to alltop.com. They have an engineering section and one of the things there is CrazyEngineers!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wow!

Great to have you with us, Justin!

Since you found us through Guy Kawasaki's AllTop; you might as well like our Small Talk with Guy Kawasaki -

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Awesome stuff! Welcome to CE, Justin ๐Ÿ˜€

We've had some discussions on renewable energy sources and reducing pollution. Would appreciate your ideas!
  • JustinKolodziej
    JustinKolodziej
    Thanks guys! Guy's right, of course: great products practically market themselves. Our job is to make them that way. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Welcome to CE justin
  • gohm
    gohm
    Welcome aboard Justin!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Crazy Engineers, This is Amit Kumar Gupta, newly joined member. I am a Embedded Engg. working with eInfochips, Pune, India. I have done MS in Embedded System Design and...
HI friends have you heard of the institute" C-DAC" in India which offers PG Diploma course in embedded .VLSI and other software courses? I know that C-DAC Hyderabad is very...
Hi everyone, I am having some future plans to invest my savings in investment companies and I have been making a search online for this. I have found some that...
Hi! All , I am totally new to the forum. But i was really moved by the idea CE has come up with; to get in touch with Engineers all...
Me New here forum looks cool I need One Project in JAVA or .NET hop will get it from here. Engg. Rox ๐Ÿ˜