GRE Wordlist Preparation Strategy

CEans,

Those who are taking GRE struggle a lot with the word lists. In my opinion, 2 - 2.5 months is ample time for being confident with word lists. Let's try to see what our CEans are doing and what's working for them. Those who are preparing for GRE, please contribute your strategy in following categories -

1. Words / Day : How many words can you comfortably do from the word lists.

2. Random Or Serial: Do you follow the alphabet or go random? I think picking up 5 words from lists for each letter would be a better option.

3. What time of Day/Night: This is personal. But sometimes, having a specific time of day for word lists preparation may help. I think morning is the best time for word lists. What about you?

4. Tricks to memorize difficult words: What tricks do you implement to memorize words?

5. Usage: Do you pay attention to the usage in sentences or just go after the meaning? What works best for you?

6. Revision Schedule: What's your revision schedule for word lists?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm, when I preped for GRE , I think I followed a complicated procedure.
    morning hours, I would spend of in reading words for a alphabet say today I read A , tomorrow B so on..
    rest of day ( i would carry gre preps to college in case I did end up going ) i would Maths
    Next day I would interate A and then start off with B. Incase I don't recollect few words ( infact 60% of them would be lost ) , I would mark them.
    next day it continues as B and C .. so one for 26 days.
    I repeated the cycle for 3 months . When at home, I would do reading and writing comprehensions
    Nevertheless I felt English was troublesome given that I scored some 1280 ( M- 780 + 500 E):-|

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

From whatever I've collected from the Internet; Samsung developed the S-AMOLED technology to handle the drawbacks of the OLED technology they used for displays. Now, how about someone well informed...
Can Any one please explain me the concept of computer memory clearly,What I know is that - 😕RAM is for a volatile memory and only used for processing (current process)...
Design engineering team at TAKRAM have developed a Hexapedal running robot that mimics an insect running. The design is based on Stanford's iSprawl. If you are in Tokyo, you can...
hello.. i have to give presentation on " solar powered air compressor". so anyone can explain this broadly in its all aspects..!!
Check out this video by ARUP - [video=youtube;DGmIkYw19gg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGmIkYw19gg[/video]