Grace Marks For Girls To Enter IIMs - Good Or Bad?
In a move to 'rebalance' the gender scales in office spaces, all the leading Indian Institutes Of Managements (IIMs) have decided to offer grace marks to girl candidates who apply for IIMs. IIM Rohtak will award 20 marks to each girl and another 20 to a non-engineer, IIM-Raipur will add 30 marks to the overall scores of each girl-non-engineer. IIM-Lucknow has decided to grant five marks to each girl and two to non-engineers. I wish to know what our CEans think about this move from the IIMs. I personally believe that this move indicates that girl candidates aren't capable of securing a seat in IIMs on their own and they need 'grace' marks to secure a seat. I personally see this move as idiotic as it questions the ability of girl students.
Do office spaces really need to care about the gender balance or award the job only to those who 'deserve' it?
PS: I've lost faith in IIMs long ago.