GPS For Beginners Using C / C++ Programming Languages

i have decided to make a project that uses GPS. but i don't know much about GPS, but i do know basics of c, c++ languages, so am just a beginner which is why i want help form the experts in this forum. please suggest me some links with which i can begin. the overview of my project is something like this: there'll be a robot that contains a GPS receiver and a compass and of course a microcontroller (atmega32) and other peripherals. with the help of a keypad, a point location will be given (co-ordinates of the point will be given). the compass will then direct the robot to the given location. i would be really regretful for any sorts of help.. THANK YOU!!!

Replies

• Pritesh soni.
    Pritesh soni.
    Good idea.
  • dhruba sunuwar
    dhruba sunuwar
    #-Link-Snipped-# if you have any link on the above mentioned issue, please help
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    dhruba sunuwar
    #-Link-Snipped-# if you have any link on the above mentioned issue, please help
    #-Link-Snipped-# you can start with any GPS module and you can interface it with Atmel microcontroller via Serial. After that simply follow the commands and it will give you all the required information.
    Do you have any GPS module?
  • dhruba sunuwar
    dhruba sunuwar
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# you can start with any GPS module and you can interface it with Atmel microcontroller via Serial. After that simply follow the commands and it will give you all the required information.
    Do you have any GPS module?
    i have a gps receiver: EM507

what commands are you talking about? where do i get those commands from?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    dhruba sunuwar
    i have a gps receiver: EM507

what commands are you talking about? where do i get those commands from?
    Will you please share some more information about this module. From where you get that module?
  • dhruba sunuwar
    dhruba sunuwar
    Harshad Italiya
    Will you please share some more information about this module. From where you get that module?
    thank you so much for your concern sir! i had told to one of my seniors and he said he can help me with it! thanx a lot again 😀
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    dhruba sunuwar
    thank you so much for your concern sir! i had told to one of my seniors and he said he can help me with it! thanx a lot again 😀
    Good to know that you got your issue sorted out. It would be great if you keep updating us about your progress. 😀
  • Santhosh N
    Santhosh N
    I want to do one project using GPS. Can I load program into the GPS or microcontroller
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Santosh N
    I want to do one project using GPS. Can I load program into the GPS or microcontroller
    Ofcourse you can. You can use Microcontroller and GPS together to get the location. But what is your project exact about? How you are planning to use GPS?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Japanese multinational conglomerate, Sony is well known for offering variegated electronic products that can fit your everyday and professional needs. This time Sony has announced three stunning cameras for India;...
Hi, I constructed a soap request and received the response. I unmarshalled the response using JAXB context and got the object which contains the response. Now I can access the...
Hi I am 2013 passout with Computer Science background. I am working as a system administrator in a company and I am done certification only on MCITP. I would like...
Earlier today, Maxx Mobile added one more phone in the list of their budget smartphones by launching the Maxx GenxDroid7 AX 356, priced at Rs.3,696. Let us take a look...
Hi..! 😀 I have 95% , 84% in 10th and 12th grade respectively. And my cgpa is 8.5 ,but i have history of backlog👎( only one paper in my first...