Got Placed, Now What?

I'm sure a lot of our CEans in final year of engineering have been placed in various companies. From my own experience, the education and the industry connect is missing. In such a situation; a lot of fresh graduate find that what they expected is very different from what's being offered, once they join.

If you've been placed, are you planning to do something new/special to prepare for the job? Or just relaxing and taking the things the way they come to you?

Replies

• MMB
    MMB
    I heard They'll train us... Or is there something i should do?😳
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    MMB
    I heard They'll train us... Or is there something i should do?😳
    Every big company will typically invest in training the candidates. But it will help a lot if you spend some time studying on your own 😀
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    The_Big_K
    If you've been placed, are you planning to do something new/special to prepare for the job? Or just relaxing and taking the things the way they come to you?
    At first I thought of preparing for the job, by learning c,c++,java,. net. When I approached a institute to learn .Net alone, they charged me nearly 20,000 ( which is not affordable for me at present😔 ). Thus got relaxed and plan to take things that come on my way 😉
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Why not engage in self-study which I consider as the best form of study? Just pick up a good book on programming language of your choice and then start preparing. It's fun when you pick up the things out of interest.

Why not pick up a project on your own and start developing it? It'd not only expose you to several new concepts and 'ways' of getting things done through programming! Pick up PHP and start developing a plug-in for Wordpress! What an awesome thing to do! 👍
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    The_Big_K
    Why not engage in self-study which I consider as the best form of study? Just pick up a good book on programming language of your choice and then start preparing. It's fun when you pick up the things out of interest.
    I started to read Java, from CE tutorials only. But I hardly read about it for two days only😀.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's a matter of personal discipline and how passionately you are involved in the subject. Anything done half-heartedly won't last for more than just a few days.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    aarthivg
    At first I thought of preparing for the job, by learning c,c++,java,. net. When I approached a institute to learn .Net alone, they charged me nearly 20,000 ( which is not affordable for me at present😔 ). Thus got relaxed and plan to take things that come on my way 😉
    i guess u can easily get such courses like php, j2ee in range of 6-8 k easily if you try to locate.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    The_Big_K
    It's a matter of personal discipline and how passionately you are involved in the subject. Anything done half-heartedly won't last for more than just a few days.
    Ya... I will accept it #-Link-Snipped-#
    But its quite hard to get involved.
    Anyway I planned to start practicing after may 15th. First of all I should reduce my interest in electrical, That is the main hindrance for me at present.
    The_Big_K

Why not pick up a project on your own and start developing it? It'd not only expose you to several new concepts and 'ways' of getting things done through programming! Pick up PHP and start developing a plug-in for Wordpress! What an awesome thing to do! 👍
    And thanks for the advice #-Link-Snipped-#. I expect lot from you (to boost my interest).
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    lovejeet
    i guess u can easily get such courses like php, j2ee in range of 6-8 k easily if you try to locate.
    thanks #-Link-Snipped-#
    before doing these courses, I have to make myself strong in basics.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey there everybody at Crazy Engineers! My name is Varun Agrawal and I am a student of Computer Science and Engineering at National Institute of Technology, Surat. My interests include...
Hello Ceans, I need a help regarding my project. I am making a Weather forecasting system using Fuzzy logic and I am using Matlab for it. I wish to create...
CAN ANYBODY SUGGEST ME THE DETAIL OF RADIOGRAPHY TEST ON FERROUS STRUCTURAL MATERIALS?
Hello everyone, i am still a student and working on a project. I want to ask questions here. And please be kind with me. I have a TFT display 470x272...
India's largest auto-maker, Marutu Suzuki is all set to launch the Ertiga MPV on April 12. While the company leads mostly in the small car segment, it now looks to...