Gordon Supercomputer has 250 trillion bytes of flash memory

Gordon - the supercomputer has 250 trillion bytes of flash memory and can store loads of data. The purpose of using flash drive is to make the data 100 times more rapidly accessible so that it can be processed faster. "Digital data is advancing at least as fast, and probably faster, than Moore's Law," said Michael Norman, director of SDSC.

Now it's interesting to know that Super computers are typically known for their faster 'processing' speeds and not for the storage capacity. I believe human brain store much more data than any super computer in the world, but at the same time it's not possible for human brain to achieve the computing speeds of any supercomputer.

Your take?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There's a trend among Indian engineers to opt for an IT (Software) job, not matter to which engineering discipline you graduated in. Well, I admit that I too was one...
India's leading mobile service network operators, Idea Cellular and Spice Telecom have been fined with Rs. 27.65 crore for delay in launch of services in 5 circles. Read detailed news...
I want to design a digital signal processing chip with wireless data transmission transmission/communications, is there a program that i can use to design this chip? or is there a...
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange in an interview with Times now Editor Arnab Goswami conrfirmed that he's being offered large sums of money by Indians to keep the names of swiss...
Indian News channels have became cheap entertainment channels and show any kind of news that can only appeal to the below 10 IQ people. This calls for a poll on...