Google Will Rent & Sell Textbooks Come August

Online education has already made a vast impact in the form of YouTube videos and Massive Open Online Courses. It's no surprise that such a platform continues to grow and flourish. Knowledge always has an audience. Apparently, Google is one to share that view and will be involved in selling and renting of textbooks, starting August. The Fall semester starts next month and Google has timed its new venture very aptly. Google aims to offer a “comprehensive” selection of textbooks through its Play Store although details on the number of textbooks still seem unclear. According to Google, all five major publishing houses are on board.

Google-Play-Textbooks

Google is offering discounts of up to 80% on some of the textbooks, which would probably save you more money than buying it second-hand. These discounts are subject to change with the textbook, of course, but most books are expected to be considerably cheaper in their digital form. The textbooks will be synced across your multiple devices, Android, iOS or desktop. This news was announced at the same breakfast as the new Nexus 7 tablet, so an ulterior motive is not beyond belief. The addition of textbooks to Play Store may enhance the overall value of the Nexus 7 tablet. That's not all, Google is planning to launch a full-fledged education section for Google Play later this year, so you nerds better watch the space.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've decided to post this sample covering letter sent to us by a job applicant. The application is for the post of author on CrazyEngineers to write for our engineering...
Interesting article on rediff. What's your take on this?
As scheduled, Google has unveiled the new Nexus 7, the sequel of the much appreciated $199 7-inch tablet of 2012. As soon as the event was over, fans began to...
Let's collect the best study material available for CDAC entrance exams including books, websites, PDFs, eBooks, MCQ lists etc. I'm refraining from making suggestions here and would request all the...
What exactly is the working principle of the Odometer in autos ? now i am wondering whether the odometer will deflect, if the vehicle is moved by towing ? Tagging...