Google "Text Adventure" Game - Have you played it yet?

Google's got an awesome text adventure game hidden right inside the Chrome browser. Here's how to play it -

1. Search "Text Adventure" in Google search.
  2. Now open the Developer Console. It's easy - simply right click on the search results page and choose "Inspect".
  3. A panel will open - go to the "Console" tab in it.  

You are ready to roll. Here's what you should see -

3dwF-Screen%20Shot%202018-10-02%20at%205.02.46%20PM.png

The game works in all Chromium based browsers and in Firefox, Microsoft Edge as well. Just make sure that you have the latest version of the browser. 

Here's how the game works

Type single word commands, no need to describe the subject.  For example, "grab banana peel" should just be "grab" or "use banana peel" should just be "use"

Commands: north, south, east, west, up, down, grab, why, inventory, use, help, exits, map, and friends.

A strange tingle trickles across your skin.  You feel lightheaded and sit down.  Feeling better you stand up again and notice your reflection in a window.  You are still the same big blue G you've always been and you can't help but smile.

But wait!  Where are your friends red o, yellow o, blue g, green l, and the always quirky red e?

You see a statue of a metal man peeking out of a building.  A park is just across the street.

Possible exits: north.

Possible exits: north.

north

"north"

You move north

A sidewalk circles around a palm tree.

You see a map on a bench.  Type "grab" to pick it up.

Possible exits: north and south.

Play it  and have fun!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

we are already manufacturing  horns for past 20 years but now we need a new assembly line for a new  factory set up
My Seagate hard disk is not detecting. I am not able to find any authorized service centre in Andhra Pradesh. I am afraid giving to third parties. 
For what it is worth."Instructables" says this:Why would you want to do this? Well computers really have not gotten that much better(at least CPU wise) in the last decade so...
Looking for a structural engineer that is qualified  and licensed to stamp residential plans for the state of New Mexico.  I need plans for a simple 40-foot shipping container house...
I am going to set up a startup with my friends. I need web designers who can help me. I'm a B.Tech student, I cannot pay. Is there a solution...