Google Search On CrazyEngineers

CEans,

The observers might have noticed that we've enabled Google Search Engine on CrazyEngineers. Google's incredibly good at indexing web's content. Integrating Google search engine has its own advantages and disadvantages as well.

Advantages:

Can search across the domain (including VoiCE, Small Talk articles and Community Posts)
Is better at producing most relevant results on the site.

Disadvantages:

It cannot search for member profiles right away (well it can, but results won't always be the ones you'd expect). The default search engine is way better at this.

The 'Search Within Thread' option isn't available.

Both Search Engines Are Available!

Those who prefer the old search engine can access it from our advance search page (available on the Community Sub-Menu). The default search is the Google Search.

Your Feedback Matters

Please try out the search engine and tell us what would you prefer? The older search engine or the Google Search.

Replies

• Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    I always prefer Google Custom Search as it provides much better crawling than the default search box
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Google takes some time to index the pages which no one can control. But Google's good at what it does ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I hope now that when people search the entire site, they find what they're looking for in VoiCE or SmallTalk too. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Smriti Jha
    Smriti Jha
    The new thumb rule for search engines demands the most recent results first. Therefore, including VoiCE articles is a not only an advantage but a must.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Looks OK.

After searching once, search doesn't work good on the next attempt (when entering search parameter where we got the first time search result). Isn't that field enabled for Google custom search??

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's not enabled on the entire site. The problem being we're on different platforms for our community and blog. All the searches made on the site will now divert to Google search, but the search engine we currently have on the blog is still the default search that only looks into latest blog posts. I'll work on the styling issues this week as the time permits and roll it out to the entire domain.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Since last few weeks report of Apple's iPad Mini is in the air; However, there's a twist to the tale. As per the "reliable Chinese sources", iPad mini will not...
Now, some news from Moto Racer. British Grand Prix results at Silverstone on Sunday. 1. Mark Webber (Australia) RedBull - Renault 1:25:11.288 2. Fernando Alonso (Spain) Ferrari +00:03.060 3. Sebastian...
Security risks remain a hindrance to full adoption of the technology whether it is mobile or our PC. Accessing our bank's mobile application to access our account is much more...
Hello My Self Sonu Kumar , And I m A student Of BCA WIth the Institute of IIMIT. I love doing Any tricks of MY PC SO plzz give the...
Hiii frnds ๐Ÿ˜€ dis s spandana...m done wid my btech n in search of a job..i would love to exchange my ideas wid all of u...๐Ÿ˜€โ€‹