Google’s Android 8.0 could very likely be named Oatmeal Cookie

With the pending Android version 8.0 from Google under final stages of development, speculations are rife about the probable nomenclature for the latest version. Since Google’s Android releases bear confectionery-themed names, many sources have predicted 'oc-dev' in the Android 8.0 source code to stand for Oatmeal Cookie.

android-o-image

According to the details of the source code there are numerous references pertaining to OC along with OC-MR1. However this alone could not be taken as a token of confirmation that Android 8.0 will be Oatmeal Cookie, since it could as easily be Oreo Cookie. In an another piece of evidence there were mentions of “oatmeal_cookie” in sample code that was used in a presentation slide at this year’s Google I/O presentation over a month ago.

android-8-oatmeal-cookie

Considering the other possibility of Android O to be named after Oreo seems a little tricky at this juncture, since it would involve permission to use the Oreo name from Nabisco. The latest version of Android is slated to deliver Fluid experiences with features as Picture-in-picture, Notification Dots, Autofill with Google, and Smart Text Selection. Android O will also come with TensorFlow Lite tech, some pertinent security enhancements, new developer tools, and a new programming language. . In addition Google’s Pixel 2 might be running on Android O 8.1.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Huawei Honor 8 Pro made by Huawei under the sub-brand Honor is all set for the launch in India soon. The company previewed the device in the country today. Honor...
360-videos may not always be ideal. There is content everywhere and most of the times, you can’t see a major part of it in your natural field of view (at...
There were times when WhatsApp was way behind its competition when it came to adding new features to its massively popular mobile messenger. We'd not say things have changed much...
If any of our CEans are attending WordCamp Nagpur 2017, I'd love to meet you. My talk, titled 'WordPress as SaaS' is scheduled at 4:10 PM tomorrow ( June 25...
The LG V30, a high-end successor of LG G6, is rumored to get its official debut at IFA in Berlin at the end of August. Many third party news agencies...