Google Portable Native Client - Run Your Compiled C / C++ Code On Web

Google's launched 'Native Client' a new technology that will allow developers to run their native C, C++ compiled code on the web; as a part of the web apps. Native Apps has been a part of Google Chrome for long time. At I/O the company announced the launch of Portable Native Client (PNaCl), and expects us to pronounce it as 'Pinnacle'. PNaCl has been adopted in the Chrome 29.

Portable Native Client will allow devs to write applications that are architecture independent. PNaCl will use an LLVM compiler with 'compile -> link -> translate' workflow which creates an intermediate bitcode which gets translated locally for the infrastructure it's being run on. Of course, that's quite a complicated stuff.

The biggest advantage is that the developers will now be able to write high-performance applications that run at near-native speeds on existing platforms. Check details & get started on the following link: #-Link-Snipped-# .

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is a dangling name and Dangling Pointer????
can u explain me clearly about automation in transmission substations ????
Greetings Readers, Here is the first article in my series "A Walk to Secure future" "Let us discuss about the basic concept of hacking and general notions and knowledge of...
So What I understood is that- Classname object=new Classname(); Here an object will be created in heap and the reference to it will be stored in stack.After we close the...
In Indian smartphone market we have Nokia Lumia 520 (~10-11K), 620 (14-15K), 720 (18-19K), 820 (23-24 K) and 920 (35-38 K). Feature wise, except Lumia 520 all have front and...