Google Photos ‘Smarter Albums’ for sorting and filing away your best shots

Google has come up with a smart solution for all the photography blues of sorting after a fun filled vacation. Its services now include suggestion of a new album for you, curated with just the best shots. It also entails to put together maps to add location details and describe how far one has traveled. One can add text captions to the album to describe the details and also turn on collaboration to let other family and friends add their own photos.

google-photos-albums-smart
The users also have an option to opt out of the Google’s assistance and manually add maps, texts, and location pins to their new as well as existing albums. Intent on revamping its services, Google Photos last year upgraded to free and unlimited photos storage with the feature of automatically recognising and grouping photos of various people, places, and things; and all without one needing to add tags. It also expanded on its services by adding support for Chromecast last year.

The novel Album experience will make the adventures easier to browse, edit, collaborate on, and share. Best shots are chosen by Google using lot of machine learning to detect the elements in a photo that make it of better quality, eliminating the duplicates. It also works by the way of detecting famous landmarks in the photos double checking them through geotagging. The feature on the offering is entirely free and will be available on Android, iOS and the web.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Bluetooth headsets are available a dime a dozen. The problem with most of them is sound quality. If you have used Bluetooth headsets you know that the person in the...
The Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, in a note to its clients has said that the commercial launch of the much awaited Reliance Jio's 4G services may be pushed...
Hello Folks, I want to learn and implement REST api in my next project. Please share your ideas, articles or tutorials on REST api, how to use REST? pros and...
Hello There i can solve Rubik's cube in 2 minutes . i want to know that is it worthy to add this skill in my resume, if YES then under...
Researchers from the Computer Science department at the University of East Anglia (UEA) have engineered a visual speech recognition system which would act as a support facility for forensic science...