Google Page Rank Algorithm - Discussions

Now, since no one except Googlers know the algorithm, we won't be able to discuss it in detail. I believe we can still make an attempt to come up with our own ideas on how it works.

Overall, everyone knows Google's algorithm calculates the number of inlinks to any page on a website. More the inlinks, more is the pagerank. But then, these inlinks have weight attached to them according to the page rank of the linking domain.

So, what do you think goes on behind the scenes? Mathematicians, computer scientists - your inputs, please?

Replies

• niraj.kumar
    niraj.kumar
    In my opinion Well it depends upon the page from where the link is coming like
    the content of the page , keywords of the pages from where the link is coming whether is match with the keyword of the linked content or not
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Crunchy....πŸ˜€

For more information goto #-Link-Snipped-#
    techfreak!
    Can anyone explain in detail what is Google's algorithm all about?
  • anki_0305
    anki_0305
    in addition to the inlinks, I think it depends very much upon the number of times the page is viewed.
  • niraj.kumar
    niraj.kumar
    anki I dont think It work like that .... page impression is nothing to do with Page Rank Algorithm ....
  • Sameer Fadnavis
    Sameer Fadnavis
    There are many factors that go in deciding the Page Rank apart from the inlinks. I have tried to explain it in a visual way. Check it out at -<Admin: removed link>and let me know, whether it made sense or not. Provide some suggestions for improvement.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, please give me an idea on wat topic can i do my 8th sem project. please suggest some very good aND advanced ideas wich can impress my hod.
I am 3rd year BE (eee) student. I want to attend a mini project contest in a week. could someone give me a better idea.
Hello all My name is Zach. I have a taken 3 years in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering at Widener University and Penn College respectively. I had to take a break...
hi friends .i am new user of this community.if u have any new idea u can share with meπŸ˜›
Today our editor-in-chief, Mr. Mayur Pathak celebrates his 27[sup]th[/sup] Birthday. YO! 😁HaPpy Birthday MaYuR 😁 We officially announce grand party @ Mayur's place in Mumbai today at 8:00 pm😁! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰...