Google Maps Offer Inside Views Of Indian Malls And Museums

Shopping malls in Indian cities are expanding so rapidly that one may feel lost in an unfamiliar mall. Next time you feel so, Google Maps may be of little help. Sometimes exploring through Google maps may not be enough. Therefore, the tech giant is all set to provide indoor views of buildings in India. Using these indoor maps, one can now see inside view of various shopping malls and museums. Initially, user can enjoy inside view of malls and museums and other locations would be included soon. Google would provide this service on Google Map app for Android and iOS devices free of cost.

google_indoor_maps

The service offered as a part of Google Maps is available in countries like US, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Netherlands. As of now, locations in major Indian cities-Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Pune, Hyderabad, Coimbatore are included as part of this service. With this service, user can have a detailed floor view of 75 destinations in India in few swipes. For indoor view, user can zoom in on a building where indoor view is available. My Location feature is also available for few destinations where user can get directions inside the store. The user’s approximate location will be marked by blue dot icon for ease in navigation.

Various malls available for inside view are Delhi’s Ambience mall, DLF Emporio mall, DLF Place Saket, Pacific Mall etc along with National Gallery of Modern Art, Salar Jung museum in Hyderabad, Hyderabad International Convention Centre. In metro cities, if such inside view of parking places would be available on maps, then user’s happiness would have no bounds as parking space becomes major problem. One can now only hope that Google would work in those directions too. Do share your “inside views” in comments below about this amazing feature made available by Google.

Source: Google launches indoor maps in India, service free for Android and iOS - The Economic Times | Image Credit: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Indian smartphone manufacturer company Micromax has today officially announced the much talked about Octacore smartphone called - Canvas Knight A350. There were leaks regarding the new MediaTek made Octacore...
Hi Guys. I am in a fix. I just ordered a Canon 50mm F1.8 II lens from the Snapdeal.com android app on my Galaxy S3 mini at about 4pm IST...
Dukto is an opensource tool which will help user to transfer files within servers & clients without configuring anything via LAN. Compile it yourself, source code : https://code.google.com/p/dukto/source/browse/ Installables :...
In this e-world, everyone wants to secure their electronic devices such as smartphones or tablets and want to remain uninfected by viruses and malware. For this purpose we have mobile...
Sony has today launched its mid-budget Android smartphone called the 'Sony Xperia E1' along with its dual-sim variant - 'Sony Xperia E1 Dual' in India. Both the phones have the...