Google Labs To Be Closed - Is this good news or bad news?

Google has decided to wind down Google Labs.

In many cases, this will mean ending Labs experiments, in others Google will incorporate Labs products and technologies into different product areas. And many of the Labs products that are Android apps today will continue to be available on #-Link-Snipped-#.

All the progress updates will be on #-Link-Snipped-#.

Is this good news or bad news? 😐

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    This is a shocking news to me... But I guess this doesn't affect the Google Code right? And what about the Google Labs products used in GMail and other places? Will they cease to exist? Where did you get this info from? 😲

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Step 1: Your Mac must have an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor to run Lion. You can figure this out by clicking...
​ TechSparks 2011 App4India is a YourStory initiative powered by Intel to shine the spotlight on the best mobile/netbook apps in India. The contest is open to all developers based...
CEans, Unless you comment on the VoiCE articles, we'd never know whether you're reading them or not. The VoiCE articles are full of awesome updates which not only improve your...
I'm concerned that my two teenage boys are doing inappropriate things on the computer and would like a program to record what they do. I've heard of this Amac ,...
BSNL is testing a new website design. It looks like BSNL's realized that an attractive website is crucial to attract and retain customers. BSNL's current website is - pathetic and...