Google+ Is A Little Version of Facebook Says Zuckerberg - Agree or Disagree?

"Google in some ways is more competitive and is certainly trying to build their own little version of Facebook. When I look at Amazon and Apple, I see companies that are extremely aligned with us. We have a lot of conversations with people at both companies trying to figure out ways in which we can do more together."
Say's Mr. Zuckerberg.

Since I am not, well, active on Google+ yet (& I wonder if I will ever be), here's another point of view -

Google is a diversified company, Facebook is a fad. Mark needs to use his current power and cash to diversify and become a solid company otherwise it will eventually fail. 800 million users can go as quickly as further there. The internet business is a fast paced one.
Without competition, Facebook will be in driver's seat. Consumers need to be in driver's seat. Google+ is driving Facebook to do right things at the least. Yeah, that is a pain.

What is your thinking about this?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Anyone who can observe a change in Facebook and a simultaneous user of G+, will notice that FB has adopted few features from G+ already ๐Ÿ˜€. For example, the idea of circles where you would publish your posts only to those to whom it matters, is more or less have been adopted. For example, now a days, i dont see what my friend has commented on their friend's profile, yes i can get into their profile to see all that, but I dont see it on my wall.
    Ofcourse, like all other experimental google products including wave and now buzz, even G+ miht fade off, but FB did take a feature or two from G+ (not to forget, Mr Mark himself was amongst the early users of G+)
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A definite step toward getting people attracted towards Google+
    #-Link-Snipped-#

CrazyEngineers is on Google+ too.
    Check - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I just can't find any differences between Facebook and Google+! Moreover, FB has lots of features than the upcoming G+. I personally feel, having a G+ account with FB, is like having two mobile phones with SIM and same contacts!!! What do you say?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    I just can't find any differences between Facebook and Google+! Moreover, FB has lots of features than the upcoming G+. I personally feel, having a G+ account with FB, is like having two mobile phones with SIM and same contacts!!! What do you say?
    That's not true. I'm not a user on either of the networks; but the way FB & G+ work are different. G+ was very clear in their design that they won't be called FB clone. The concept of social networking is the same; but FB's more traditional; with lot of improvements. G+ on the other hand has taken a newer approach. Google 'Circles' is a way of defining all your contacts within a circle. That makes sharing more private and easy. For example, you might only want to share few of your photos only with family and not with friends. You can easily add any member to multiple circles.

Not sure how circles work if the number of people in it grow larger.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    That's not true. I'm not a user on either of the networks; but the way FB & G+ work are different. G+ was very clear in their design that they won't be called FB clone. The concept of social networking is the same; but FB's more traditional; with lot of improvements. G+ on the other hand has taken a newer approach. Google 'Circles' is a way of defining all your contacts within a circle. That makes sharing more private and easy. For example, you might only want to share few of your photos only with family and not with friends. You can easily add any member to multiple circles.

Not sure how circles work if the number of people in it grow larger.
    Agreed, but in a new person point of view?
    1. Walls
    2. Profiles, Profile Pictures
    3. Status Messages, Sharing of Content
    4. Friends & Followers, Likes or +1s
    5. Photo Albums & Applications
    Kinda similar right?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Praveen-Kumar
    Agreed, but in a new person point of view?
    1. Walls
    2. Profiles, Profile Pictures
    3. Status Messages, Sharing of Content
    4. Friends & Followers, Likes or +1s
    5. Photo Albums & Applications
    Kinda similar right?
    In that case Orkut has some of these points before FB. ๐Ÿ˜›
    I want to say both G+ and FB are different except +1 and Like Button. Both of them have different thinking to attract more users.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    In Google+, you can create an empty circle and save your posts in that circle; like a 'Read Later' circle where you can save some post there to read later on. I have created an empty circle (nobody added to that circle), where I save some of the interesting 'What's Hot' posts in my empty circle.

I'm not on FB, so no idea about the latest features. But when I was active on FB, I really used to hate the invitations I used to get to use the FB apps (like Farmville, Cityville et all). Luckily Google+ does not do that to me. ๐Ÿ‘

Besides, one thing I like about Google is the 'What's Hot' tab, where you find interesting posts from people all over the world (especially photographers). Its awesome to get to see their creativity. Most interestingly I got to see some beautiful photographs of Owl.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What's the general opinion here about the privacy features of Facebook & Google Plus? How do they compare?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Dancer_Engineer
    In Google+, you can create an empty circle and save your posts in that circle; like a 'Read Later' circle where you can save some post there to read later on. I have created an empty circle (nobody added to that circle), where I save some of the interesting 'What's Hot' posts in my empty circle.

I'm not on FB, so no idea about the latest features. But when I was active on FB, I really used to hate the invitations I used to get to use the FB apps (like Farmville, Cityville et all). Luckily Google+ does not do that to me. ๐Ÿ‘

Besides, one thing I like about Google is the 'What's Hot' tab, where you find interesting posts from people all over the world (especially photographers). Its awesome to get to see their creativity. Most interestingly I got to see some beautiful photographs of Owl.
    That's a really nifty way of using G+.
    But I think Google Reader already does the same thing...
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    silverscorpion
    That's a really nifty way of using G+.
    But I think Google Reader already does the same thing...
    I'm completely smitten by G+ for the What's Hot tab, especially to check out the updates of some of the best photographers of the world.
    I like to keep the G+ posts separately on my account itself. When I click on the 'empty circle', I can see only the posts that I have saved there.

As an alternative, I use Springpad.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's another solution to https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/ce-quiz-puzzles-mathematics/49082-grand-quiz-question-7-a.html [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]a) The father of P has been remarried with the daughter of Pโ€™s wife. b)P has married a divorced woman who is...
Electrical & Electronic Monthly (New): Inside a single-phase digital point-of-load supply
Pls suggest me simple notes about Data structures in C and C++, i red books which is most complicated, pls help
Though an Electrical engineer by education; I'm so tied up with the world of computers that I miss my 'junior electrical engineer' days. I'd tear apart stuff and try to...
Hello Everyone! I want to take IT Training in India. Someone can tell me Where is the Best IT Training Academy in India? Thanks Binod