Google "GO" [C++ & Python combined] - New programming language from Google!

Its official now. Google has launched their own programming language called 'Go'. Go is said to have taken up all the goodies from C++ & Python. As expected, Go is -

… fast

Go compilers produce fast code fast. Typical builds take a fraction of a second yet the resulting programs run nearly as quickly as comparable C or C++ code.
… safe

Go is type safe and memory safe. Go has pointers but no pointer arithmetic. For random access, use slices, which know their limits.
… concurrent

Go promotes writing systems and servers as sets of lightweight communicating processes, called goroutines, with strong support from the language. Run thousands of goroutines if you want—and say good-bye to stack overflows.
… fun

Go has fast builds, clean syntax, garbage collection, methods for any type, and run-time reflection. It feels like a dynamic language but has the speed and safety of a static language. It's a joy to use.
… open source

Example:

package main

import "fmt"

func main() {
  fmt.Printf("Hello, 世界\n")
}
Official Website: #-Link-Snipped-#

Video:

[youtube]wwoWei-GAPo[/youtube]

What say you, developers.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's official video from Google: [youtube]wwoWei-GAPo[/youtube]
Google has released its new programming language called "Go". Can anyone compare Google Go with Python & C++? By the way, anyone from Google Go watching this? We'd appreciate your...
Rasmus Lerdorf The creator of PHP - one of the hottest web programming languages is leaving Yahoo. Lerdorf joined Yahoo in 2002 and has worked for the company as an...
CEan, I've been long thinking of forming groups of people joining various companies so that they can interact with each other and get to know each other before they meet...
CEans, During my last few visits to engineering colleges, I met several students who have brilliant ideas and are thinking of converting their ideas into useful services / products. If...