Google Fiber To Provo, Utah Next

It's been just over a week since Google announced its plans to extend Fiber to the City of Violet Crown, Austin, Texas and we already know where to next. Provo, Utah will soon be home to the gigabit fiber network, as confirmed by Provo Mayor John Curtis. A fiber network is not entirely new to the city of Provo, which has previously been witness to a failed attempt at building a fiber-to-home cable under a public-private partnership called iProvo. Financial issues had Provo calling off the project and Utah's leading fiber-optic service Veracity Networks took over. More research tells that Veracity Networks sold its fiber-optic networks to iProvo (which is owned by Provo city) sometime around last year. Back to square one, it is likely that Google will be collaborating with the city to lay down its fiber.

slide

As Google does not have to build its underlying fiber-optic network from scratch, Provo already has a headstart. According to a Google official, the first residents will be connected to the network by the end of this year.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Moborobo allows you to manage your Android device from your PC with ease. You can backup/restore contacts, SMS and Apps; send/receive SMS from PC; download Apps, wallpapers & themes; sync...
please let me know the site where i'll get all electrical formula list. Anirudha
Commuters who are saving to buy their first two-wheeler are reading it all over the news. Honda has launched a new bike, handsomely named 'Dream Neo', that caters to the...
Idea Cellular's arena of smartphones just got a new entry with the launch of Idea AURUS 2, an all new Dual-SIM Android smarphone, which is a successor to the Gingerbead...
I've been doing a lot of research on the Internet on vaccines and whether they should be given to the kids. I personally believe that vaccinations are useless but it's...