Google fading homepage

Looks like Google is rolling out the new fading homepage on regional websites as well. I recently noted it on Google India [ #-Link-Snipped-#

The site shows just the basic homepage upon first load and shows the links when the user moves the mouse.

Its cool, right? But what's the purpose, anyone? 😁

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Its really cool 😀

But I think there is no use of it..

Just to give some style ! * My Understanding*
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Such an appearance is really nice,

Whatever may be the purpose i don't know but then good idea.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Looking nice...! I think for style...!
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    It was done many days back

I noticed it atleast 2-3 weeks back

According to me it has been done to load the page more quickly than before so that the search box comes almost instantaneously as and when a user hits the go button.. Maybe I am wrong
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    i think its just for attracting the site 😀
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    No people... As I had said it has been done to provide the user with first and foremost thing that he wants and that is the search box and the search button

This is what Google has to say:

For the vast majority of people who come to the Google homepage, they are coming in order to search, and this clean, minimalist approach gives them just what they are looking for first and foremost. For those users who are interested in using a different application like Gmail, Google Image Search or our advertising programs, the additional links on the homepage only reveal themselves when the user moves the mouse. Since most users who are interested in clicking over to a different application generally do move the mouse when they arrive, the "fade in" is an elegant solution that provides options to those who want them, but removes distractions for the user intent on searching.
    So I guess, I was right

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys, ISRO's bhuvan, that was supposed to kill Google's Earth [ ;-) ] is a crappy piece of software that comes nowhere to Google Earth. Well, I'm not in a...
Have any of you noticed how the prices for mainstream DDR2 RAM memory modules are rising nearly 150% this year? First time I've seen that kind of trend. Perhaps the...
Comcast and General Electric announced early this morning that they agreed to form a joint venture that will be 51 percent owned by Comcast and 49 percent by GE. The...
Source: Nokia offers sneak peak at improved 2010 Symbian user interface -- Engadget You know that new Symbian user experience promised by Nokia next year? Want a sneak peak? Although...
Hi all, I recently moved south to Bangalore and I am working for a large software integrator mainly testing. My project team is working on web service project. We plan...