Google Currents App For Android Review

Being a blogger, I'm always searching for an app that gives me the hot and latest news quickly. But as with most of the news apps, the real pain lies in the presentation of the news. Flipboard solved that problem and started presenting the latest news in a beautiful way.

Google too didn't want to be left behind and launched the 'Currents' app - which basically gives you all the latest news on your small screen phone in a 'readable' manner.

The app's design is simple - on the left hand side, there's a drawer that lets you choose the publication (you can of course customise this) and on the left side of the screen, you'll have all the latest content from that publication displayed.

googlecurrents

I didn't like it much but still decided to give it a go and now I think the design is really nice. The app then extracts the text out of the blog posts and shows them on your screen.

What I Like: The side drawer is nice. Overall interface is very easy to use.
What I don't like: Nothing new in the app! The text needs zooming to read.

Download: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI guys!!!! it is a general discussion !!!!! i am doing automobile engineering in chennai!!! i like the course very much but i have one serious doubt that why girls...
Hai, This is Bharathidasan from Puducherry, India would like to have good experience
I need this info regarding my friend, who is a 2012 pass-out, in Computer Science. He wants to know how does one become a lecturer after BTech. He is even...
i want to create to create pc suite using java. already i know have nokia pc suite there. but i want to make some automation send sms and some extra...
Engineering team at Brigham Young University (BYU) have found that the sound of rain can help determining the overall health of the bridge. The engineers call the method, impact-echo testing...