Google apps for business - free version shut down

Google's announced that they will no longer be offering the free version of their 'apps' service to the businesses. It's informed all its users that the free version will stop accepting signups and those who want a business account will have to go with the $50 per user per year service.

Google apps was one of the most interesting services started by Google in the recent years. We, at CrazyEngineers, have been using it almost since its launch and have been very happy with the service. Google further says that the individual account owners will have to use their standard 'gmail' version.

It's also important to note that the update does not affect existing users of Google Apps. Google says there there are several million Google Apps free version owners and they'll be able to continue using the service just as before. No new signups will be accepted though.

Google says that it's not 'right' for them to continue both free and premium versions of the service because of the division of features.

It's definitely not a good news for small business owners and teams. If you're an educational institute, then you will still be able to use Google Apps for Education version.

Small teams are definitely going to be affected by this move from Google. The pricing might just keep several startups from using the service. What do you think?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

iPad mini is coming to India and like all of their products, Apple's keeping the costs high. The price of iPad mini in India is expected to be about Rs....
As per IS 456 2000, fig 7, we get the slab load that is distributed to the surrounding beam.. In case if the whole structure is made entirely using stone...
Found the following picture on the Internet and thought of sharing here. Let's play the 'first thought' game. Tell me the first thought that comes to your mind after looking...
hi,I am deepali. I studied in Moze college of engineering .Electronics and telecommunication branch.I am 3rd year student.I want information about projects and what can i do after BE.
A National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration/NASA satellite has captured (literally scintillating) night time images of the earth as seen from their SUOMI weather satellite. It is interesting to see that...