Google +1 | Google Plus One | @ Google | At Google | Emerald Sea = Social Google?

Something's cooking up in the building 2000 @ Google Campus (Called Googleplex). Sergey Bring (Google Co-Founder) and Vic Gundotra (VP) are involved in it. Is it a twitter killer or a Chrome plug in - no one knows.

The project is internally called "Emerald Sea" and it's most probably the social product being developed by Google. There are several names being considered and "Google +1" will most probably be the final name of the product. In its current state, Google +1 is said to be a toolbar that appears across many of Google’s services.

If you have any information about any of the above, please let us know through this thread.

Replies

• plusones
    plusones
    Google needs to give up with this social stuff, they'll never be able to take on Facebook directly. I don't even get the need for this, why would I want social type services on a site most people go to just to do a quick search? Doing what they did before with linking FB to search resaults I can kinda understand but that's about it.
  • Paul.
    Paul.
    Google +1 doesn't only have the function to be a social plugin, I think that the real reason why they introduce this is to obtain accurate search results. But I think they fail also. We will see...I started my tests and in few months I will have an exact answer.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, I see that we've 100% music freaks on CE. I need your help in selecting songs full of 'beats' I can listen during workouts in gym. 😛 I usually...
One young academically excellent person went to apply for a managerial position in a big company. He passed the first interview, the director did the last interview, made the last...
Hi, What will the charging current do after the laptop battery is 100% charged? I do understand that the battery will no longer be charged. Conservation of energy states that...
TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) offers a practice online test. All students are required to activate the link and practice the questions given. TCS has informed that this will definitely help...
Company Name: DET NORSKE VERITAS AS Desired Candidate Profile: • A passion for DNV’s objective to safeguard life, property and the environment • A degree in Mechanical Engineering (60% marks)...